ROM Hack Minecraft 3DS 1.13 fan update (might happen, that is if a team is formed)

Randomperson123672

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Actually.. this could have happened believe it or not(without an experienced reverse engineer). With the use of god mode 9(a 3ds firm), I was able to easily get access to the Minecraft 3ds edition's game files.. And after looking through the files, almost every file can be modified (easily) via a computer except [.bjson] files, [.uvs] files, and [.blang] files. and, I also noticed that world generation files resembles Minecraft bedrock edition's... so, custom worlds are clearly possible. One of the easiest code mods that I bet even OP could make is a custom shader for the game. The shaders for the game are in one organized folder (in the game's files)and they are [.shbin] files which can be converted to [.asm] files using this(https://github.com/neobrain/nihstro). The converted files can then be opened using notepad(on a computer). things like the view distance, lighting, shadows, fog, and weather can then be easily changed. once done modifying the shader files, they can then be converted back to a [.shbin] file and can be tested via luma plugins(https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases).

here's an example(from someone else):
youtube:
(not my video)
github:https://github.com/ENDERMANYK/Minecraft-3ds-shader/releases/tag/1.0

I attached the shader file (if anyone wants to try to make a shader) below. ↓↓↓

Attachments

• shaders.zip
    24.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by Randomperson123672,

ENDERMANYK

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
ok, so i found this by accident. By the guy you mentioned make the shader, I need correct something: 1. No program today can convert shbin to a single file, you need handwrite it to a file. 2. Write a shader is not that easy especially for a player without knowledge of render pipeline. 3.idk how you got the conclusion that "view distance, lighting, shadows, fog, and weather can then be easily changed"? Did you actually write it before?

Randomperson123672

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ok, so i found this by accident. By the guy you mentioned make the shader, I need correct something: 1. No program today can convert shbin to a single file, you need handwrite it to a file. 2. Write a shader is not that easy especially for a player without knowledge of render pipeline. 3.idk how you got the conclusion that "view distance, lighting, shadows, fog, and weather can then be easily changed"? Did you actually write it before?
Hey, I used NIHSTRO, a program (THIS:https://github.com/neobrain/nihstro), to disassemble the SHBIN. To set up NIHSTRO, all you need to do is compile it via CMAKE (THIS:https://cmake.org/download/ ) and then Type in a command prompt(opened in the path of the compiled file and the files you want to assemble/disassemble):

-nihstro-assemble <input_filename.vsh> -o <output_filename.shbin> -to assemble a file.

-nihstro-disassemble <filename.shbin> -to disassemble the file (analyzes the DVLB and then outputs information.)

-nihstro-disassemble <filename.shbin> <DVLE index> -Allows you to get info on a specific DVLE header.

~~~~~The other commands you can type and more detailed descriptions are listed in the Readme.md file.~~~~~

And, I would have to look back in the files that I disassembled because I forgot which files I saw that where possibly related to "view distance, lighting, shadows, fog and weather". If your interested, I can look for the disassembled files, or disassemble the files again, and post it on this forum. Sorry for the late response, I forgot about this forum...:)

Last edited by Randomperson123672,

Randomeder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, it seems like no one is really interested. If you want to help be part of development, just add it to the post. If I don't get a team together by Friday, I'm going to just consider the project "on hold" or "discontinued".
id do anything to help (i dont know a lot of c++ though, im still learning)
Post automatically merged:

Y'all should be aware this is probably a bigger undertaking than you'd think, especially without any source code available. The amount of people with that level of knowledge about reverse engineering a game, that are also willing to try and update 3DS Minecraft of all things, is probably close to none tbh.
yo i hate when people say "oh we need the source code" and then are lazy and dont even try im trying and i dont even know alot but still at leat im not lazy

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Randomperson123672 please in the future can you not use white text on the temp. For people that use the Rosey Blossom theme it makes it nearly impossible to read. The Rosey Blossom theme was designed by the site staff with a little help from me for dyslexic people such as myself as the colours make it easier for us to read. Only problem is white text then becomes almost impossible to see as can be seen below.

Screenshot_20221220_235519_Samsung Internet.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Randomperson123672 please in the future can you not use white text on the temp. For people that use the Rosey Blossom theme it makes it nearly impossible to read. The Rosey Blossom theme was designed by the site staff with a little help from me for dyslexic people such as myself as the colours make it easier for us to read. Only problem is white text then becomes almost impossible to see as can be seen below.

View attachment 343642
Sorry for the white text. I'll change mine to blue. How do I set that as default?

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really? It's white with the dark menu.
Ah I get you so it's the default colour with your theme. No need to change anything then as in Rosey Blossom it will show in the default colour for Rosey. It will only show as white on every theme if the text colour is changed to white whilst typing the text.

Hopefully that makes sense lol.

Randomperson123672

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ah I get you so it's the default colour with your theme. No need to change anything then as in Rosey Blossom it will show in the default colour for Rosey. It will only show as white on every theme if the text colour is changed to white whilst typing the text.

Hopefully that makes sense lol.
Yeah, I’m using the dark theme lol. I can change the color if you want. What color would be the easiest to read?

bigskribbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this needs a bump, i dont care if the mods dont like me doing that.
Anyway, I and a few other people are trying to work on reverse-engineering the game. So far, we have found that we can try to decompile the (cartridge) game's code.bin with Ghidra, and that the game uses .fsb files that are created with FMOD studio or designer.
This stuff is pretty complicated though, so don't be expecting anything with these anytime soon.

Last edited by bigskribbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye