Minecraft 1.6 update this week

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Notch has posted the 1.6 change list and bug fix list for the upcoming 1.6 patch. The updates biggest feature is the use of maps, something that will surely enhance the play experience. Craftable maps will be available and the Nether will be accessible in multiplayer.

The change list is rather long, so you can view it here if you wish:

Notch on Tumblr

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay! Maps. Now i won't get lost (and don't have to build massive structures so i can see my home.)

That is a massive changelist though, when he said he spent days fixing bugs (on twitter) he really meant it!

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Maps should've been in since the beginning, instead of the useless compass. Nice to see that they're finally in, but I'm still keeping my giant lava/water tower that flows down beautifully from the sky. :3

JackDeeEss

Trophies
XP
Country
Raika said:
Maps should've been in since the beginning, instead of the useless compass. Nice to see that they're finally in, but I'm still keeping my giant lava/water tower that flows down beautifully from the sky. :3
Compasses aren't useless, they're great if you get lost coming out of the nether.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
JackDeeEss said:
Raika said:
Compasses aren't useless, they're great if you get lost coming out of the nether.
Yeah, maybe, but being the noob at minecraft I am I can't even get obsidian to build portals to the nether, so I wouldn't know.
laugh.gif

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
They will be the game is in beta. Also the compass is very helpful since it points to your spawn.

JackDeeEss

Trophies
XP
Country
Raika said:
JackDeeEss said:
Raika said:
Yeah, maybe, but being the noob at minecraft I am I can't even get obsidian to build portals to the nether, so I wouldn't know.
laugh.gif
And this is why I use TooManyItems
wink.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JackDeeEss said:
Raika said:
JackDeeEss said:
Raika said:
laugh.gif
And this is why I use TooManyItems
wink.gif
INVEdit is what I use
biggrin.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got tired of Minecraft a long time ago, the map may go on forever but it's full of nothing, and monsters don't add anything to the game.

I started playing Terraria a few days ago and I've fallen in love with it, can't put it down.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Woot, can't wait to try it! Just got Minecraft yesterday, it's great!! Just proves it that even in this era oldie graphics pwn.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
I got tired of Minecraft a long time ago, the map may go on forever but it's full of nothing, and monsters don't add anything to the game.

I started playing Terraria a few days ago and I've fallen in love with it, can't put it down.
As have I. I've put almost 50 hours into Terraria.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gariscus said:
RupeeClock said:

As have I. I've put almost 50 hours into Terraria.
I suck at Terraria
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill