Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Milk does not make your bones stronger"
That is called a paraphrase or an inference, kid Unless you screencap that exact quote or link the article and point where it is. You're full of shit
His initial claim was that milk makes your bones weaker because it raises the acidity of your blood and your body uses calcium from your bones to counteract that and return to balanced Ph, he has since backpedalled into saying that milk doesn't make your bones stronger because the study he linked found, I paraphrase, "no association between (...) bone fractures and the consumption of milk". He's moving goalposts, that's why he feels that his point still stands, which is fine - everyone suffers from confirmation bias, hence the peer review system - in this case, we're the peers.

Ssssuper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
"Milk does not make your bones stronger"
That is called a paraphrase or an inference, kid Unless you screencap that exact quote or link the article and point where it is. You're full of shit

Literal citation: Most studies of fracture risk provide little or no evidence that milk or other dairy products benefit bone. Accumulating evidence shows that consuming milk or dairy products may contribute to the risk of prostate and ovarian cancers, autoimmune diseases, and some childhood ailments.
Source:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19321571

You guys said estrogen in soy raises serum estrogen: which is scientfically impossible, I posted proof proving you wrong.
Now I proved you guys wrong again. Please talk your way out of this one.

Reactions: IC_ and yuyuyup

Ssssuper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
His initial claim was that milk makes your bones weaker because it raises the acidity of your blood and your body uses calcium from your bones to counteract that and return to balanced Ph, he has since backpedalled into saying that milk doesn't make your bones stronger because the study he linked found, I paraphrase, "no association between (...) bone fractures and the consumption of milk". He's moving goalposts, that's why he feels that his point still stands, which is fine - everyone suffers from confirmation bias, hence the peer review system - in this case, we're the peers.

And you claimed dietary estrogen raises serum estrogen which is total bull****

Ssssuper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Literal citation: Most studies of fracture risk provide little or no evidence that milk or other dairy products benefit bone. Accumulating evidence shows that consuming milk or dairy products may contribute to the risk of prostate and ovarian cancers, autoimmune diseases, and some childhood ailments.

You guys said estrogen in soy raises serum estrogen: which is scientfically impossible, I posted proof proving you wrong.

Please prove me wrong on this. :)

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"Bones are better served by attending to calcium balance and focusing efforts on increasing fruit and vegetable intakes, limiting animal protein, exercising regularly, getting adequate sunshine or supplemental vitamin D, and getting ≈500 mg Ca/d from plant sources. Therefore, dairy products should not be recommended in a healthy vegetarian diet."

You forgot the rest of it there. All it says is you don't need milk in your diet. It is recommended you use other sources to obtain nutrients and exercise alot.

Also note the word "may" You know the definition of that word? It means it's not direct evidence, just more correlation/possibilities. You know? More questions for scientists to attempt answering

Reactions: nxwing and Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And you claimed dietary estrogen raises serum estrogen which is total bull****
No, I claimed that in men, soy may disrupt hormonal balance, suppress testosterone production, increase the levels of estrogens and lead to the development of breast tissue, which I followed with a Scientific American article (three studies as a base) that shows it was observed in rats and a Men's Health article that shows a real-life story of a *man* affected by the same problem. YOU brought the distiction of serum vs. dietary estrogens, you're literally arguing with yourself.

Ssssuper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No, I claimed that in men, soy may disrupt hormonal balance, suppress testosterone production, increase the levels of estrogens and lead to the development of breast tissue, which I followed with a Scientific American article (three studies as a base) that shows it was observed in rats and a Men's Health article that shows a real-life story of a *man* affected by the same problem. YOU brought the distiction of serum vs. dietary estrogens, you're kiteralky arguing with yourself.

That is what you're implying, that consuming soy causes for raised estrogen which is not true if you do a quick search on pubmed, you will find tons of studies saying it.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are good english articles about lactose intolerance, your point is....?

You know nothing about science but still think you can just say that I'm wrong, please study some basic science and physiology and educate yourself.
You are not trying to be informative or engaging in eduated discussion on this thread.
You are just trying to be over the top and create drama following your agenda.
TBH, AFAIK milk is not quite good for you, specially for your bones (there was an old myth saying it was beneficial), but who cares.
I engage on drinking milk because I like how it tastes.
Many things we do are partially good and partially bad for our health, but well...
Hell, beer is not the most healthy thing in the world, but that doesn't stop us from enjoying a pint from time to time.
This is not a civilised discussion. I still think this should be /thread

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!