Hacking MiiWii

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bin01 said:
You know health screen was murdered by starfall and overkilled by preloader during the installation right?
Are you sure reainstalling preloader will bring health check back?

Sorry didn't realise it used starfall too, you'll need to run starfall again and remove the health warning patch too, i'd only do that tho if you're on SM 3.2 as starfall wasn't meant to be used with SM 4.0. With preloader you can just turn the hack off.

If you've managed to run starfall on SM 4.0 (don't know whether this is possible? it's not I just tried it) then i'd reinstall the system menu, either:

Run IOS Downgrader, then Any Region Changer to install system menu 3.2 then update it to System Menu 4.0 using one of the many guides on here.

or

Get a copy of the System Menu as a wad an install it

QUOTE(bin01 @ Jul 18 2009, 01:48 AM) Also could reinstallation somehow end up in a brick?

Reinstallation of preloader is unlikely to brick you if you've got it installed already. Reinstallation of the System Menu could if you don't do it properly, but then again Installing MiiWii in the first place could have resulted in a brick!

IchigoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andrewhan4 said:
IchigoZX said:
Can anyone PLZ help me?
unsure.gif
the problem above UP^

Go here http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks and copy and paste the USA v4.0 hacks into notepad or any other text editor and save it as hacks.ini (before saving make sure you have a blank line at the end of the text - Just click at the end of the text and press enter twice)

put the new hacks.ini file on the root of your sd card - overwriting the one that's currently there (if there is one)

switch on your wii holding reset, hopefully preloader will load, go to the homebrew channel and reinstall preloader

hold reset again while powering on, set your required hacks then exit to system menu and it should work

set your required hacks... how am i suppose to do that?

whenever i reinstall prloader the 2nd time(miiwii program 4.Preloader) it just froze "-.-
help plz im just new at this

IchigoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andrewhan4 said:
Hold reset when you power on, this will open preloader, go to the System Menu Hacks section, use A to enable/disable hacks then click save settings at the bottom. Press B and then choose Systemmenu.

Description of what the hacks do is here: http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

thanks but i had a couple of errors like "line 63 missing / after b "
somehting like that
so do i change it?

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IchigoZX said:
andrewhan4 said:
Hold reset when you power on, this will open preloader, go to the System Menu Hacks section, use A to enable/disable hacks then click save settings at the bottom. Press B and then choose Systemmenu.

Description of what the hacks do is here: http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

thanks but i had a couple of errors like "line 63 missing / after b "
somehting like that
so do i change it?

Use this program to create your hacks.ini file http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=152...p;#entry1955773

Replace the hacks.ini file on your sd card with the one you create with that program and try again

IchigoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 last question (maybe)

i restart doing everything and i donno how to work the preloader, i reinstasll and it just froze saying " running preloader" i think or installing.
unsure.gif

how can i fix this andrew

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IchigoZX said:
1 last question (maybe)

i restart doing everything and i donno how to work the preloader, i reinstasll and it just froze saying " running preloader" i think or installing.
unsure.gif

how can i fix this andrew

I think I can see your problem now, the version of preloader with this pack is 0.28 as you're on system menu 4.0 you need to use 0.29 download it from here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
andrewhan4 said:
bin01 said:
You know health screen was murdered by starfall and overkilled by preloader during the installation right?
Are you sure reainstalling preloader will bring health check back?

Sorry didn't realise it used starfall too, you'll need to run starfall again and remove the health warning patch too, i'd only do that tho if you're on SM 3.2 as starfall wasn't meant to be used with SM 4.0. With preloader you can just turn the hack off.

If you've managed to run starfall on SM 4.0 (don't know whether this is possible? it's not I just tried it) then i'd reinstall the system menu, either:

Run IOS Downgrader, then Any Region Changer to install system menu 3.2 then update it to System Menu 4.0 using one of the many guides on here.

or

Get a copy of the System Menu as a wad an install it

QUOTE(bin01 @ Jul 18 2009, 01:48 AM) Also could reinstallation somehow end up in a brick?

Reinstallation of preloader is unlikely to brick you if you've got it installed already. Reinstallation of the System Menu could if you don't do it properly, but then again Installing MiiWii in the first place could have resulted in a brick!
Im 3.2U but it seems after MiiWii installation starfall got block cause everytime it loads an error pop up. So i cant use starfall to enable health check. Preloader hacks(switch BGM & Health screen) dont work either. Any idea guys?

IchigoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i downloaded preloader 29, this is the error i got

Error autobooting systemmenu!
SetUID failed!

this is what it gave me

IOS v60
Systemmenu v0
Preloader V0.29

when it say autoboot fail i pressed load/install filedownloaded autoboot.dol and now its just the same the system menu fail!
Andrew do you have any suggestions?
unsure.gif

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MiiWii? What the hell is all this stuff? Is this like a softmii package, but EVEN MORE dangerous? I thought hacking a Wii was for customizing it to your liking not putting on these put-together packages that brick peoples wiis?

someone correct me if im wrong..

IchigoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Empyr69er said:
MiiWii? What the hell is all this stuff? Is this like a softmii package, but EVEN MORE dangerous? I thought hacking a Wii was for customizing it to your liking not putting on these put-together packages that brick peoples wiis?

yea its a soft mii dont have th manual GL fixing ur bricked wii like me "-.- and this crap is for playing downloaded games on DVD discs not for cool color on background or some shit

IchigoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoZX said:
When i downloaded preloader 29, this is the error i got

Error autobooting systemmenu!
SetUID failed!

this is what it gave me

IOS v60
Systemmenu v0
Preloader V0.29

when it say autoboot fail i pressed load/install filedownloaded autoboot.dol and now its just the same the system menu fail!
Andrew do you have any suggestions?
unsure.gif

do i use the miiwii now? or fix this problem?
unsure.gif

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Empyr69er said:

It is a lot better than SoftMii IMHO, and no, it is FAR LESS dangerous.
MiiWii is a package AND a manual... a well written manual! Following the manual step by step it's almost impossible to brick (only if there's a black-out), but people don't care to read it, brick their wiis and call MiiWii a crap.

- If someone tries to install it without reading the manual the risk of bricking is very HIGH.
- In the first post D-Jay was complaining that many people didn't even downloaded the manual.
- This whole thread is full of people who couldn't figure the password because they didn't read/download the manual.

If people are stupid that's not D-Jay's fault.

IchigoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a way to bring back my 4.0 and change to 3.2!

use the online file ULTIMATE guild 4.0 (its now changed to 4.1 but still works) download the file for online upgrade/down
drag the 5. cIOS downloader (i think its that name) to the apps folder
activate using the hombrew and select ur filmware! wooot!
(this will only work if u messed up big time like what i did all on pg 50 -51.....I think it works on your problem if u just got ur wii bricked
rolleyes.gif
)

EDIT: BTW u cant use the disc channel gotta update it "-.- i guess that u MIGHT update and still use miiwii perfectly i just think "-.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste