mrsoczi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi.
I am getting prepared to finally migrate from SXOS to Atmosphere. I have a Switch Lite with the SX Lite chip, SXOS on file based emuNAND. Already updated emuNAND to 11.0.0 with ChoiDujourNX, sysNAND is on 10.2.0, but since I was not the one who did the CFW install, I don't know if it was upgraded with Choi already.
I am getting so specific since I was planning on using this tutorial:

https://rentry.co/mys8q

I heard it's the most up-to-date, but I am worried about the first note:

Note (Mariko Users Only):
If you updated via ChoiDujourNX on your EmuNAND then you have to either get a donor boot0/boot1 or backup your SysNAND boot0/boot1 and then restore it via NxNandManager or EMUtool (if you're using a partition based EmuNAND) or simply replace the files in your sxos/emunand/ folder (if you're using a file based emuNAND). This is because your ChoiDuJourNX corrupts your boot0/boot1 and will prevent you from being able to boot into emuNAND on Atmosphere.
Hekate also has this function for EmuNAND. If you use that, please be sure you're NOT flashing SysNAND!

I am kind of lost here and don't know what to do. I have used Choi, so my boot0/boot1 are prolly corrupted.
So the questions:
1. How do I fix the boot0/boot1 problem on my file based emuNAND? I don't know if I can use my sysNAND? sysNAND has those files? What is a donor boot?
2. Does the migration process keep all my installed games? Or do I start of clean? I expect the migration to keep the games as the name suggests.
3. Maybe there is some way to dual boot my SXOS and Atmo while keeping the emuNAND as is? I was looking for some answers, but found only outdated tutorials and scraps of data.

Thank You in advance.

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Reactions: mrsoczi

mrsoczi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
1. https://gbatemp.net/threads/running-atmosphere-on-patched-sx-core-switch.574083/page-12#post-9353583
2. If you installed your games then there shouldn't be any issues. If you used XCI Mounting then you will need to install them onto the system.
3. Afaik you cannot use the same emuMMC on the system at the same time. But you can create a new emuMMC for atmo while keeping the SX OS one (or vice versa) if you want.

Thanks. Regarding 1 - can’t seem to find in this thread how can I fix my boot0/1. Can You please help out? Or should I ask in that thread? I am now confident on going the migration route instead of dual boot.

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks. Regarding 1 - can’t seem to find in this thread how can I fix my boot0/1. Can You please help out? Or should I ask in that thread? I am now confident on going the migration route instead of dual boot.
it already links to the post that answers your question

Reactions: mrsoczi

mrsoczi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
it already links to the post that answers your question
Thanks. I did as the post says. I have done the eMMC backup and replaced the boot files on sxos/emunand but on boot I get a blue screen. Any clues?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Still on SXOS

mrsoczi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ok, that was stupid of me. I dumped eMMC which is on a lower FW then the SXOS emunand. The files don’t match. I would need to update eMMC to the latest OFW, dump it again, copy to emuNAND and start the migration to the latest Atmo, since SXOS won’t boot right?

Eyfron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks to Adran_Marit I have managed to get clean boot0 and boot1 for my emunand. Then following this I have migrated to Atmosphere with no problem. Thanks to everyone.

Hi, Im having the exactly same issue as you, do u had to get an boot 0 and boot1 from a 10.2 update or a older one was ok? Can u share what was done with me pls?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That pussy is two faced af
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tentacles-Made-Gay-Hunter-Fox-ebook/dp/B00M0VCUPK let's be real, who isn't at least a little gay for tentacles though?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe a ghost writer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I...