Hacking Migrating Pokemon from a GBA ROM into Pokemon Pearl?

kidburla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am trying to migrate (trade) Pokemon from a Pokemon Emerald ROM onto a "real" Nintendo DS running Pokemon Pearl (and later Platinum). The files I have on my emulator (which is running on a Nokia N95, but that's neither here nor there) are emerald.gba and emerald.gba.sav. The former is a 16MB Pokemon Emerald ROM and the latter is my 128K Pokemon Emerald save file.

I was advised to buy a flashlinker package, which I went ahead and did. It arrived today and contains:
  • EZ-Flash IV mini-SD (which includes a GBA cartridge with miniSD slot, and a USB cable, the other end of which I'm not sure where to plug into)
  • Supercard Superkey ("The perfect solution for accessing DS media from any GBA flash storage device"; "Battery Save" - just a DS game card without a memory card slot)
  • Kingston microSD card 2GB
  • Kingston microSD-miniSD adapter
  • Kingston microSD-SD adapter
  • Tinpec USB2 SD card reader/writer
I thought this would be fairly straightforward and include instructions but I'm stumped. I don't really know where to start! Can someone advise me, first, how I would get the .gba and .gba.sav files onto my EZ-Flash IV and then how I would make Pokemon Pearl think that this is a real Pokemon Emerald GBA cartridge? Presumably I need some program to transfer the files onto the card to begin with?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have bought the wrong thing. With an official DS Pokemon cartridge, the only way to transfer Pokemon is with an official GBA Pokemon game. If you have certain combinations of slot-1 and slot-2 devices, you can transfer Pokemon from a patched GBA Pokemon rom to a patched DS Pokemon rom. However, I don't think this is possible with just the hardware you currently have. Search the EZ-Flash forums to see if you can patch the DS Pokemon games to recognize the EZ-IV as an official Pokemon game; I know it's possible with the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack, so if you can do it with the EZ-IV as well then all you need to do is buy a cheap slot-1 device like the EDGE (or heck even the $6 DSTT should work for this purpose even if it is a crappy card in general).

Another possible option would be to buy a copy of the official GBA cartridge and then use a save file manager program to copy your save file to the cartridge. However, I'm not positive that the save file programs can handle Pokemon's odd save file formats so this may not be the way to go.

jordanqu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, you can actually do this. PalPark in diamond and pearl. You will need
-pokemon gba game
-pokemon nds game
-pokepatch (u dont need this if u are using a CycloDS and Ez 3 in 1, which is what i have) its here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1984

First you need to patch the nds game with pokepatch
Second you need to unlock pal park in pokemon nds game
Third, you may or may not need to be using the gba rom flashed to nor. Try both anyway.

Done!!

You can now transferr between cards.

Other than that, its not possible to do it with a phone unless you import the save files across.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Pokepatch is only for if you're using a slot-1 device and the 3in1, right? He's using the slot-2 EZ-IV with no slot-1 device at all, and he wants to transfer his pokemon to his original Diamond/Pearl cartridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up