Hacking Migrating EZ Flash 3in1 to real Pokémon Platinum card?

Billabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to migrate pokemon directly from Pokemon Emerald on the 3in1 to a real Pokemon Platinum game, or do I have to migrate them to a gen IV rom first, and then trade them over to my real game? I bought the 3in1 in the first place thinking I could do it directly, but it doesn't seem like that's possible. >.<
Is there a way to make a gen IV game recognize the 3in1 as Pokemon Emerald?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
no.

Normally the DS retail game access the retail emerald game by accessing the flash directly, the 3in1 uses SRAM to store save data. You would have to be able to modify a retail game's ability to access the save data, which you can't, unless your REALLY gifted at hacking with a Action Replay DS/i.

I suggest you use the pokegen to add pokemon to your DS retail save. This requires dumping the DS save first before you start adding pokemon. Then transfer the save back to the DS game.

http://www.projectpokemon.org/pokegen/

---

Or you can transfer your save via palpark to a flashcart running the DS game using the pokepatch. Then transfering the pokemon from the flashcart to a retail DS pokemon title.

Billabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I didn't think so, but I wanted confirmation. Thanks!
I won't be using Pokegen but I've learned how to backup and restore DS save files, so I can do that rather than spending all the time it would take to trade from a rom to retail. :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of...