Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. What time of the day do you experiance them
2. Do you wear contacts or glasses
3. Are you taking any other medication?
4. How much sleep on average do you have
5. Work, Uni, School - do you tend to read or stress your eyes ?
6. Are you taking periodical breaks when looking at screens (this includes TV, PC,laptop, handheld games etc)
7. How old are you ? (you can choose not to answer this if you want but it would help to know)

Usually migraine comes with too much work and not enough rest. At first you are just fatigued. Then after weeks of cycles of fatigue you begin to experience a migraine. However the word itself is more or less used incorrectly. Literally a migraine is UNBEARABLE, you probably just have a serious case of an headache. I advise pain killers - not aspirin buy anything with paracetamol in it (like panadol). THey aren't exactly expensive. Pop 2 pills after your lunch if you have a head ache, and if later in the evening it persists pop another 2.

But in all seriousness, if it's really really bad, just see a doctor regardless of the price.

PurpleEyesOfDeat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
1. What time of the day do you experiance them Through out the day it happens multiple times (Mostley midday)
2. Do you wear contacts or glasses Never have (except on the odd occasion of colour contacts)
3. Are you taking any other medication? Pain killers for the migraine itself thats all
4. How much sleep on average do you have 6-8hours
5. Work, Uni, School - do you tend to read or stress your eyes ? Nope not at all
6. Are you taking periodical breaks when looking at screens (this includes TV, PC,laptop, handheld games etc) I am doing this
7. How old are you ? (you can choose not to answer this if you want but it would help to know) I am 20

Usually migraine comes with too much work and not enough rest. At first you are just fatigued. Then after weeks of cycles of fatigue you begin to experience a migraine. However the word itself is more or less used incorrectly. Literally a migraine is UNBEARABLE, you probably just have a serious case of an headache. I advise pain killers - not aspirin buy anything with paracetamol in it (like panadol). THey aren't exactly expensive. Pop 2 pills after your lunch if you have a head ache, and if later in the evening it persists pop another 2.

But in all seriousness, if it's really really bad, just see a doctor regardless of the price.

Thats the thing, I cant afford much Ill explaine quickly

I am in a band which earns $20 an hour we perform an average of 4nights at 3hours weekly which is $240 devided by 5 guys leaves me around $48 a week.
Now I go to uni (Have a pay when I can deal with Headmaster), pay rent (I am mates with guy so he gives me a little slack) and also add in the costs off food and water. I honestly have soo little money to waste it isnt funny.

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I find when I have a migraine a bar of chocolate helps take the edge off. I've been suffering with them since I was 8. It's like your brain is trying to rip out of your skull, not nice. A really good pain killer can help, I take Co-Codamol for mine. Mine are prescribed but you can buy weaker one's over the counter really cheap.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Purple would like to thank everyone for your advice
He went to the hospital and he found out he needs to have surgery
frown.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Long time migraine sufferer here.

First off many things can cause them.

Conditions such as weather. No way to avoid weather though.
Diet such as specific things you might just need to avoid.
Bright light ie get used to wearing sunglasses if you don't.

I used to suffer the cascading numbness ie loss of sensation on the right side of everything. Good for at least 30 minutes of screwed up. Then the headache was mostly long enough to just realise your day ended immediately and you found a quiet dark room and stayed there, your day is over. I usually found the next day was 'out of sorts' too.

Some just get crushing headaches. Some suffer stomache trouble.

They have pills you can take that will actually stop a migraine in it's tracks. You need to detect a migraine almost immediately to use them though, and they are horribly expensive. 6 bucks a pill last I was told.

I have suffered worse headaches that were actually immune to pain relief, but there are pain relief pills for migraines that help.

Good news is a lot of migraine suffers will eventually get rid of the problem. Bad news, is that happens in your 40s when your body starts to change due to age.

scott1982

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know when i get them bad i found its best to do the following;
Stay out of hot weather if you can.

* Always make sure to have plenty of water, best to keep up the fluids.
* Put a wet face washer over your face and lay down. (obviously when at home)
* Cool baths/showers as the heat seems to make them worse.

Good luck!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You want an update? He's getting surgery for a tumor removed. Any idea what that takes out of a person?

Before I read the thread, I was going to say you probably got a stigmatism in your eye as I did and it turned out I needed glasses.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know I was talking to Skyrix at school
and he told me Purple was having real bad migraines.

And I was like "Bet you he has a tumor".
Lucky he got it checked out! Imagine if he
never got it checked out because he didn't
want to spend any money 0_o. That would
have been bad.

Hope you get better soon my Screamo-Friend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock