OP
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
msfupdate052412_half.PNG

An update for Mighty Switch Force (3DS) is coming on May 24. The free update will add 5 new stages, enhanced 3D, and a retry button to the game.

icon11.gif
Source

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, finally!
I wonder what the enchanted 3D is all about, deeper? The game already has terrific 3D, with particles and stuff flying out of the screen an inch or so. I don't see how they can improve it...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, finally!
I wonder what the enchanted 3D is all about, deeper? The game already has terrific 3D, with particles and stuff flying out of the screen an inch or so. I don't see how they can improve it...

Yeah, it's a bit confusing what that means. The 3D in the game is perfectly fine, so I wonder how they can enhance it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know I bought it and played it, and enjoyed the first few levels but have neglected to play it since.
This update will probably motivate me to finish it, just because of the retry button.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
OP
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, finally!

Yeah, it's a bit confusing what that means. The 3D in the game is perfectly fine, so I wonder how they can enhance it.

Hey, they're the ones calling it enhanced. I'm curious to see how it turns out too.

@RupeeClock - Yeah, I feel exactly the same. XD

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the retry button will probably motivate me to finish this. :P I've been trying to achieve par times every time I play a new level, thus slowing me down a lot until I lost interest (read: Pushmo and MK7 and eventually KIU).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...I still can't see me finishing this game. I bought it, and got a few levels in and got really, really, really bored with it. If it was a sidescrolling game where you go through bosses, like Contra, maybe I would. But the game is too boring for me to finish.

Mirby

OP
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Cover art mirby, cover art

Well it's not Kingdom Hearts art, that's the poster that was on the blog. You know, that page you find if you click that link labeled Source.

I'm still not sure why you'd think it was, considering the completely different art styles. Unless you're just spamming the thread, in which case...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although I am all for "updates" adding features such as this it seems a lot of the older companies are not inclined to allow such scope (see MS and Sony) and I agree smartphone games rely heavily on the free minor update publicity bump which this is probably closer in line with but eyebrow raised none the less (either Nintendo did not lock devs down or they were forward thinking in an online driven area which is pretty shocking). The only thing I will say is I hope this means it does not devolve into the minimum shippable product model that seems to have taken hold elsewhere (granted between gold, ultimate, deluxe, XL..... editions that has long been the case but some restraint is nice).

Back on topic I guess I have yet to play it (or a 3ds for that matter) but WayForward Technologies get a tip of the hat for at least trying.

Mirby

OP
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually I think that the game as it was released was meant to be the final version. But when fans started to complain about lack of retry button, WayForward decided to implement that (because the 3DS firmware allowed them to) and throw in some extra stages as well.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually I think that the game as it was released was meant to be the final version. But when fans started to complain about lack of retry button, WayForward decided to implement that (because the 3DS firmware allowed them to) and throw in some extra stages as well.
I'm fairly sure DSiWare has received updates before. I think the DSi Web Browser at the very least.
Did Shantae Risky's Revenge ever get a fix? There's a bug in some cutscene dialogue towards the end of the game, on my UK release. It basically says about 6 times.

Oh and Mighty Switch Force update should go live in 4 hours, hoorah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end