DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Use PostLoader. I think marc_max tried to get it working, had trouble, then stopped. I use PostLoader, to boot into sneek; which loads postloader in seek, to play all my VC and WW with cheats supported.

Any guide you could provide to better understand PostLoader? As far as I can read, it could be booted instead of the system menu or accessed via homebrew channel. I don't think I could use it instead of the system menu, since my wife uses the Wii too and i fear it could be too confusing to her. Any help? I'm gonna check the forum, but since you have experience on it, I really appreciate your advice.
No problem...I'm at lunch right now, When I get home from work I'll help you out.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used mighty channels in a looooong time. But if it has an IOS selector u can just install the rev17 cIOS to a different slot (see ModMii's advanced downloads page) then select that slot when loading your problematic games.
I would like this as well. I put in slot 240 and it gives me an error about Waninkoko's cISO's not supported, or something along those lines...

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used mighty channels in a looooong time. But if it has an IOS selector u can just install the rev17 cIOS to a different slot (see ModMii's advanced downloads page) then select that slot when loading your problematic games.
I would like this as well. I put in slot 240 and it gives me an error about Waninkoko's cISO's not supported, or something along those lines...

Update: This is actually possible.
The thing to note is that, when using Waninkoko non d2x cIOS's, the nand has to be in the root of the usb drive and not in a sub-folder. This is what wasn't working for me.
With this, just point Mighty Channels to the slot where you have your 38rev17 cIOS and it will work and load problematic games like Majora's Mask.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the proper syntax for specifying a custom directory in meta.xml?

I tried
Code:
path=/NAND
and
Code:
path=USB:/NAND
, same error message ("No titles found").

I am using d2x v7

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Auto load emulated nand from the first partition (0) on USB found in folder /NAND. Might Channels uses -- to denote command like arguments like a unix. I think that's all you were really missing. The default partition is 0. And auto is just for auto loading. Without it, I think it'll default to the real nand and have to switch inside the app. (Only d2x variants support the partition and path arguments.)

Code:
--auto=USB
--partition=0
--path=/NAND

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Does Mighty Channels write game saves to the real NAND or the emulated one? Can I delete the saves from WiiWare games that I used to play on my real NAND, now that they've been duplicated on the emulated NAND?

Is online still broken for titles like Dr. Mario? If it is, I should probably keep the saves on the real NAND for the games that I want to keep playing online, right?

SilentSmoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
marc_max,

thx for the great app, it works really nice! I haven't had a problem with any game I can tell as of yet, tried all the problematic games as well. d2x v6 on slot 251 with a [55] base.
I like the new arguments in the xml file, but was wondering if it possible to add a --return_to_channel=MIGH argument into the equation? It would be a great addition in my opinion.
To all those who have asked about game sorting, it is pretty good don't you think? I have every WiiWare NTSC title installed 300+ and it didn't take too much time to move them around into their proper alphabetical location, I left some free space all over for future additions.

Thanks a bunch again for the great app and future additions
Cheers!

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I am using a custom NAND directory, and Mighty Channels loads everything fine, but it keeps creating empty folders (import, sys, ticket, title, and tmp) in the root of my USB drive. Is this a known bug?

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got Mighty Channels 11.1 working well with one big fat32 2TB usb 2.0 hard drive. Need up update with D2xV7-final base 56 into slot 249, go to advanced and update SYSCONF. Works well.

Had a similar problem of Mighty Channels giving 1 minutes pauses for each game load on a fat32 usb 3.0 1TB drive (Seagate STAY1000102), green mode already disabled. Fixed with D2xV7-final

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question, does anyone know where Mighty Channels stores it's custom game configuration file ? For example if I use "Full Video Patching" for 1942, I would like to be able to copy that config to another machine. Any ideas ? I did not see any extra directory on the SD card, is it in the virtual Nand (usb hard drive) ?

andhre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody can help me ?

I'm trying to run games from my USB device (500gb seagate).
I have mighty channels ready installed in to /apps/mighty_channels/boot.dol, icon.png, meta.xml
I can run the might channels from the Homebrew.
Also I cand select wich NAND I wish to use but when I do select the USB nand I reveice the ret=-1 error.

Follow my meta.xml:

Code:
Mighty Channels
Marc
USB/SD Channel loader

--partition=0
--path=/NAND

Follow my syscheck:

Code:
sysCheck v2.1.0b13 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)

Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID:  
Boot2 v4
Found 111 titles.
Found 50 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stub.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS224[37] (rev 65535  Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug  NAND Access  USB 2.0
IOS236[37] (rev 21004  Info: d2x-v4): Trucha Bug  NAND Access  USB 2.0
IOS247[57] (rev 21006  Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug  NAND Access  USB 2.0
IOS248[56] (rev 21006  Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug  NAND Access  USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21006  Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug  NAND Access  USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21006  Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug  NAND Access  USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2012/01/29.

EDIT: I put the nand.bin in to the USB root. I did the same meta.xlm config with the nand.bin in to the /nand directory on my USB device as well and I received the same error.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody can help me ?

I have mighty channels ready installed in to /apps/mighty_channels/boot.dol, icon.png, meta.xml
Also I cand select wich NAND I wish to use but when I do select the USB nand I reveice the ret=-1 error.
You have to extract that nand. It doesn't work with the raw nand dump.
Follow the nand guide in the wiiflow wiki to get you going quickly.

andhre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody can help me ?

themanuel ,

I did follow a second guide where I found a way to extract the nand by Showmiiwads.
Thats the reason that I said I have the /nand directory.
But if it's not what I tried to say, I'm sorry. I'm waiting to donwload the file and try this way.

EDIT: I did try the wiiflow guide which help me to extract the nand.
I putted the nand directory inside the root of my USB.
The same error "I can't get title list." appear again.
I'm thinking I have this device partitioned but the first and actived partition I have is the FAT one.

EDIT2: try changing the meta.xml --partition=0, 1 and 2. Still not working.

Someone can help with another way ?

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I am using a custom NAND directory, and Mighty Channel loads everything fine, but it keeps creating empty folders (import, sys, ticket, title, and tmp) in the root of my USB drive. Is this a known bug?
The simple solution is to move your NAND to the root directory.

That's not a solution. I am trying to use a feature that's designed to work, and you are suggesting not using it.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody can help me ?

themanuel ,

I did follow a second guide where I found a way to extract the nand by Showmiiwads.
But if it's not what I tried to say, I'm sorry. I'm waiting to donwload the file and try this way.

I'm thinking I have this device partitioned but the first and actived partition I have is the FAT one.

You put your nand in the root of your SD card, but specified its location as sd:/nand in the mighty channels meta.xml.
You have to make these two match. I suggest simply moving the nand folders to that path (create a folder called "nand" in the root of the SD card).. If you are not sure which folders came from the nand extract, then comment out the path argument in the meta.xml.

andhre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody can help me ?

themanuel ,

You put your nand in the root of your SD card, but specified its location as sd:/nand in the mighty channels meta.xml.
You have to make these two match. I suggest simply moving the nand folders to that path (create a folder called "nand" in the root of the SD card).. If you are not sure which folders came from the nand extract, then comment out the path argument in the meta.xml.
themanuel,

I did create a new NAND directory and put it in the root of my SD card (2gb).
I downloaded the mighty channels v11 wad and installed it yet.
Now I'm running the mighty_channels v11 but still with the same error.
I have a question.
Which meta.xml the mighty_channels v11 wad installed use to follow the USB path ?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few things you might want to try:
- run Mighty Channels from the Homebrew Channel, instead of a wad until you are sure it is working (I'm not sure which IOS you are loading when running MC from wad but you can see this in the lower left corner of the screen)
- make sure the hard drive is plugged to the lower USB port (the one below when the Wii lays flat), since some apps have issues with the upper one
- try d2xv7final, although I would expect it to work with v6 as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1