Hacking Mighty Channels

Hugh Verdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
FYI, a lot of people prefer using s/uneek nand emulation over mighty channels. It has near perfect compatability, but mighty channels is slowly slowly catching up in terms of compatability
biggrin.gif
I guess. Uneek + DI is a major, major accomplishment, but I still use it for wiiware games as a matter of exclusion. I use only it for a game (1) I really want to play that (2) Mighty Channels can't run. When you apply both of those factors, that's a pretty small universe. Marc_Max kicks ass.

BlueArmyMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using beta 6, cIOS249 d2x v3 base 56, through a USB hard drive, and these three WADs go to black screen after the initial company logos:

- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Phoenix Wright: And Justice For All
- Castlevania Adventure ReBirth

They weren't working with beta 5 either, for what it's worth.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BlueArmyMan said:
Using beta 6, cIOS249 d2x v3 base 56, through a USB hard drive, and these three WADs go to black screen after the initial company logos:

Somebody already reported Castlevania Adventure ReBirth here: http://gbatemp.net/t271798-mighty-channels...t&p=3479798

I do not know if Davebaol has looked at it.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueArmyMan said:

I can't speak for the Phoenix Wright games, but Castlevania Rebirth has never worked on an emulated nand with waninkoko's cIOS. The only way to play this game on an emulated nand is to use sneek/uneek.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lenny_kano said:
kukupo said:
Hey there I've been a long time user of Triiforce MRC but I stopped using it the day my 500GB USB HDD broke and I switched to my 2TB.
Ever since then NAND emulation never worked on my 2TB USB HDD and I heard that NAND emu will only work on drives 1TB and lower.
This was a while ago so I decided to try again using more updated stuff

I'm currently using Mighty Channel Beta 6 and tried both d2x v3 using 37 and 56 as base.
Both times I got the following error.
ERROR: I can't enable NAND emulator ret=-101

However using my 16gb flash drive with the exact same folder it works fine, it can detect the drive and the title list.

My question is that is there a way to fix it so it works on a 2TB HDD? It never did before so I was just wondering if someone found out a way to make it work.

For some info my 2TB HDD has two partitions. I made a 20GB FAT32 Partition to use as the NAND emulator and it is currently set as Active. The other partition is my NTFS for regular computer backup usage.

i have exactly the same problem going from a 1tb to 2tb wd elements. But it also reutrns the same error in wad manager when trying to enable nand emulator, so is a cios issue, not a mighty channels issue.
Ok, now d2x v4beta1 should support any HDD greater than 1TB.

Hugh Verdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueArmyMan said:

FYI, none of the PWAAs have worked for me in MC, although sometimes if I let the black screen sit long enough, they start up.

The only problem is after they start up they're, well, Phoenix Wright games.

kukupo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Ok, now d2x v4beta1 should support any HDD greater than 1TB.

Hey Dave thanks for the responses. Here are my results.

I tried d2x v4 beta 1 and it actually detects the HDD now but I'm getting the "ERROR: I can't get title list. ret=-1" problem now.
I've tested with each base (37, 38, 56, and 57) and it all gave me the same problem. Using 58 as base gave me the old "ERROR: I can't enable NAND emulator. ret=-101"
I once again tried it on my 16gb usb drive (using v4 beta1) and it works completely fine.

Now I am wondering if it has anything to do with my 2TB HDD being partitioned.
Currently I have two partitions (one FAT32 for the NAND and one NTFS for computer backup usage) and the FAT32 one is set as Active. The files within the FAT32 partition is identical
to what I used in the 16gb usb so therefore the files should not be a problem. At the moment I can't afford to delete a partition to see if it works with a no partition drive.
(Unless NAND emulation works on NTFS than I wouldn't mind deleting the FAT32 partition) Any suggestions Dave let me know. Thank you.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is your FAT partition the 1st or the 2nd one on the HDD?
Did you properly set the arguments --partition and --path in meta.xml?
Please post your meta.xml.

kukupo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:

The FAT partition was made second so I'm assuming its Partition 2.
I've never saw an actual list of arguments I can add in myself so I'm not too familiar with this area.

EDIT. I've checked my partition number on command prompt and it indeed is partition 2 so I made the
adjustment on the meta.xml. Although I still get the "can't get title list" error it comes up a lot faster
than before when I didn't have the partition argument. The NAND is on the root therefore I added
--path=/ although it shouldn't really make a difference.

Here's my meta.xml

Mighty Channels
Marc
USB/SD Channel loader

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
kukupo said:
davebaol said:

The FAT partition was made second so I'm assuming its Partition 2.
I've never saw an actual list of arguments I can add in myself so I'm not too familiar with this area.

EDIT. I've checked my partition number on command prompt and it indeed is partition 2 so I made the
adjustment on the meta.xml. Although I still get the "can't get title list" error it comes up a lot faster
than before when I didn't have the partition argument. Not sure if I need --path because my folders
are all on the root of the drive.

QUOTE said:
Mighty Channels
Marc
USB/SD Channel loader
There are 2 errors in your meta.xml
[*]You MUST remove "" because they respectively open and close xml comment actually making invisible the arguments you defined[*]The 1st partition is 0, the 2nd is 1 and so on
So change your meta.xml like that
CODE

ÂÂÂÂMighty Channels
ÂÂÂÂ11
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ201101250000
ÂÂÂÂMarc
ÂÂÂÂUSB/SD Channel loader

ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--ios=249
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--auto=USB
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--partition=1
ÂÂÂÂ