Hacking Mighty Channels

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yardape8000 said:
marc_max said:
That's because I use only one variable to know how many pages are read (from left to right). You can easy fix this by adding an imageLoaded boolean to the channel struct, and check if all images are loaded before showing them after changing page.
Thanks. I did not really see a channel struct to add it to, but you led me in the right direction. I fixed the code to allow scrolling from first to last page. The file also contains a diff of all my source changes.

New version at:
http://rapidshare.com/files/450295351/migh..._hack110228.zip

The new Beta6 does not include the changes he made
frown.gif
Are there any plans in the future to add them? This versions changes were really great

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Just about to try out this awesome looking application, but I have one question.

I'm using Simple FS Dumper 0.42 to dump my NAND. Which dump mode should I choose? Minimal, Compatibility, or Full?

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
zizer said:
you can use minimal , i use full for uneek+di

or simply use modmii virgin nand

Thanks for reply. Nice, I didn't realise Modmii could download a virgin NAND. I might give that a try too
tongue.gif

Oh, and if i wanted my nand on an sd card, could I put it in a folder, or would it have to go on the root?

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
One more (hopefully) final question.

Do the Wifi features of games work on Mighty Channels?

Ok, I lied, two questions. My other is, is there a maximum game limit?

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zizer said:
default is root

BETA6 notes:
* Manage NAND option is disabled
Despite what the note in the 1st post claims, the Manage NAND option is actually enabled in Mighty Channel BETA6.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres a question, with the joyflow fowader installed on the nand will joyflow load and run games like it normaly would?(assumeing you have sneek or uneek files on sd/usb)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread, but the answer is no. You can set up uneek+di to autoboot joyflow using priiloader, so that from your real nand, you can launch switch2uneek (or w/e u use to launch uneek) the Wii will reset, the emulated nand takes over, priiloader on emulated nand launches the installed file, the installed file is a forwarder channel which will launch joyflow off your sd card, joyflow launches. And all that happens pretty quickly, albeit not as quickly as launching a usb-loader from a forwarder channel off of your real nand, but its still not that bad... so it still achieves what u want (being able to launch joyflow from a channel on the real nand). Only issue is that you would need to use switch2uneek or w/e to return to your real nand when you're done with joyflow (or u can just restart the Wii, those with bootmii @ boot2 will need to restart without the SD card inserted).

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had ment useing mighty channels can you load joyflow and have it function as if it had been loaded (without switching nands useing an app) from uneek. but thanks for the reply xflak

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mighty Channels beta6 MOD d2x v4beta2.

Here is a slightly modified version of Mighty Channels beta6 to test the new cios d2x v4beta2.
This beta6 MOD recognizes all cios d2x having revision number between 21 and 30000 (the official revision number is now 21004).

Also a new meta.xml argument has been added for testing purpose, namely --fullmode (0=disabled, 1=enabled).
I recommend to keep full mode enabled, but you can try to disable full mode if you encounter problematic games.

Download: mighty_channels_beta6_MOD_d2x_v4beta2.rar

Here is the meta.xml you can find inside the download package:
CODE

ÂÂÂÂMighty Channels
ÂÂÂÂ11
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ201101250000
ÂÂÂÂMarc
ÂÂÂÂUSB/SD Channel loader

ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--ios=249
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--auto=USB
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--partition=0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--path=/nand
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--fullmode=1
ÂÂÂÂ

ÂÂÂÂ

LethaLOL

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been having a problem with loading NES VC games through MC.

Every the I try to load NES VC up, it gives me the "your system memory has been damaged" screen, however with VC from any other system, it works just fine.

Is there any solution to this problem? I have looked through this thread and haven't found anything that has helped yet.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't test personally VirtualConsole Games 'cause I have no classic controller.
However cios d2x v4beta2 has logging enabled, so please intall it, launch the game, let it crash and then post the log file ffs_log.txt that has been generated on the root of the device where the nand is on.
I'll give it a look.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
fldc said:
NES VC do not require classic controller
biggrin.gif
Oh, do they work with the wiimote?
If so tell me some problematic title.

EDIT:
Just tested Mega Man 1, 2 and 3. They all work with d2x v4beta2.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I think I'm back...
yaywii.gif

davebaol said:
Mighty Channels beta6 MOD d2x v4beta2.

Here is a slightly modified version of Mighty Channels beta6 to test the new cios d2x v4beta2.
This beta6 MOD recognizes all cios d2x having revision number between 21 and 30000 (the official revision number is now 21004).

Also a new meta.xml argument has been added for testing purpose, namely --fullmode (0=disabled, 1=enabled).
I recommend to keep full mode enabled, but you can try to disable full mode if you encounter problematic games.

Download: mighty_channels_beta6_MOD_d2x_v4beta2.rar

Here is the meta.xml you can find inside the download package:
CODE

ÂÂÂÂMighty Channels
ÂÂÂÂ11
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ201101250000
ÂÂÂÂMarc
ÂÂÂÂUSB/SD Channel loader

ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--ios=249
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--auto=USB
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--partition=0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--path=/nand
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ--fullmode=1
ÂÂÂÂ

ÂÂÂÂ
davebaol, do you mind if I borrow your mod for beta7? I have been out of MC scene and I don't know what failed on beta6, you continued working on your cIOSd2x so I guess you know the status.
Can you tell me exactly what are the differences between my beta6 and your mod?
I remember you having problems when I released beta6. Are those errors fixed in your mod?

BTW, the Manage NAND option is not enabled on beta6, It shows the window, but it doesn't work yet. It will be done for beta7/final version.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
marc_max said:
I think I'm back...
yaywii.gif

That's a good news, really.
Welcome back!
smile.gif

marc_max said:
davebaol, do you mind if I borrow your mod for beta7?
Yeah, I would be glad.
marc_max said:
I have been out of MC scene and I don't know what failed on beta6, you continued working on your cIOSd2x so I guess you know the status.
Can you tell me exactly what are the differences between my beta6 and your mod?
Really few differences concerning few lines of code to manage the revision number of the cios and the new --fullmode argument.
BTW, the --fullmode argument was intended for debugging the cios. If you want you can ignore it or make it available in the config menu of each game. That choice is up to you.
QUOTE(marc_max @ Apr 13 2011, 11:23 AM) I remember you having problems when I released beta6. Are those errors fixed in your mod?
Those random problems have been fixed in the cios, they were due to dangling pointers in the FAT module.
QUOTE(marc_max @ Apr 13 2011, 11:23 AM)
BTW, the Manage NAND option is not enabled on beta6, It shows the window, but it doesn't work yet. It will be done for beta7/final version.
That's weird since after copying SYSCONF through the Manage NAND option a few games work properly.
Maybe it's due to another null or dangling pointer in the cios.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1