Jimmyd45

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all !

On loading, i get this message :

"ERROR : I can't get title list Ret=-3"

Anyone ever get this error ? Usually i read on forums the same message, but with "Ret=-1", never -3 !

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Just posting this to announce that I'm finally back on Mighty Channels development after a break
smile.gif
Expect BETA5 tomorrow.
lovewiibrew said:
Glad to see this finally released. Been waiting a while! I had read a few months ago that it will play ALL Wiiware and VC. Is this still true?
That's not true. I never said that, it was someone that mistranslated my spanish description and it was spread over most Wii scene sites. It has the same compatibility as Triiforce (because this depends on cIOS, it's been explained a lot of times) but has some additional features that make some games (like Bit Trip or Art Style series) playable without touching anything.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
Just posting this to announce that I'm finally back on Mighty Channels development after a break
smile.gif
Expect BETA5 tomorrow.
lovewiibrew said:
Glad to see this finally released. Been waiting a while! I had read a few months ago that it will play ALL Wiiware and VC. Is this still true?
That's not true. I never said that, it was someone that mistranslated my spanish description and it was spread over most Wii scene sites. It has the same compatibility as Triiforce (because this depends on cIOS, it's been explained a lot of times) but has some additional features that make some games (like Bit Trip or Art Style series) playable without touching anything.

Welcome back marc_max! Glad to see you got a break in
biggrin.gif
Looking forward to Beta5

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

how can I add VC games to my backed up NAND file? I don't want to install them before backing up the NAND, the whole reason I want to use this is so I don't have to install games directly onto my consoles NAND.. what's the best way to play VC games without installing onto consoles NAND?

thanks!

tHeWiZaRdOfDoS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there another way to get the NAND dump? It seems I can't use Simple FS Dumper because I get a code dump when I try to execute it and after selecting the cIOS... or is it the fault of cIOS rev19?
Why are only rev17 and rev21 supported, anyways?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
Is there another way to get the NAND dump? It seems I can't use Simple FS Dumper because I get a code dump when I try to execute it and after selecting the cIOS... or is it the fault of cIOS rev19?

Simple FS dumper seems to be hit or miss, I have to use a certain SD card i have to get it to work, non SDHC etc. You can use Modmii to build a nand though no problems.

Rev17 and Rev21 are only supported because nand emu was broken as a bug in the other rev's

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
tHeWiZaRdOfDoS said:
You can also decrypt a BootMii dump with ShowMiiWads.

Anyway, try to avoid running SimpleFSDumper with rev18 or later. I read somewhere that they are not very compatible with some apps.

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. How would I add more games to my backup nand. Like when
new games come out and I buy them. Instead of doing a whole new nand damp, and
installing the titles manually like that, cant I just install the new games to a nand already
dumped?? I showmiiwads to do that, and I already got my nand extracted and my new games
installed, but like future purchases how would you add those. In showmiiwads it has the option
to extract to nand or folder?? I imagine for future games, I would have to extract these to a folder right?
Not wanting to do a whole nand dump again right?? Like for example the folder structure

* import
* meta
* Shared1
* Shared2
* sys
* ticket
* title
* tmp

title seems to be the bigger folder at 700mb, and the rest are real little. For future wiiware games would I use the extract to folder option in showmiiwads and extract to a specific folder like the folder * title?? I've did it successfull with my games, but I plan to buy a heap more in the future so basically when the time arrives cant I install em whenever one by one?? I put all those folders on my usb drive and I erased my nand-extracteda folder cause it was just taking up space. Basically to sum it up I guess, how would we add additional games to already extracted nand or folders.??Like when I use showmiiwads instead of using the option extract to nand or extract then to nand, couldnt I use extract to folder( its one of the options listed) and extract to the folder which has my wiiware, which I'm thinking is the * title folder, because this folder is bigger than the rest?

Sorry if its not too clear. I'm trying to explain myself the best I can. If I need to elaborate more let me know and I'll do my bes. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks to those in advance that try to sort me out.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
BETA5 will have to wait a bit, but here you have the new features I'm working:
*Downloads images for all regions if your region fails
*Sort games by system
*Support for Bit Trip Fate (please, stop PMing me about this, I never said this game was supported on BETA4)
If everything works correctly, this could be the last beta.

freestile said:
I have a question. How would I add more games to my backup nand. Like when
new games come out and I buy them. Instead of doing a whole new nand damp, and
installing the titles manually like that, cant I just install the new games to a nand already
dumped?? I showmiiwads to do that, and I already got my nand extracted and my new games
installed, but like future purchases how would you add those. In showmiiwads it has the option
to extract to nand or folder?? I imagine for future games, I would have to extract these to a folder right?
Not wanting to do a whole nand dump again right?? Like for example the folder structure

* import
* meta
* Shared1
* Shared2
* sys
* ticket
* title
* tmp

title seems to be the bigger folder at 700mb, and the rest are real little. For future wiiware games would I use the extract to folder option in showmiiwads and extract to a specific folder like the folder * title?? I've did it successfull with my games, but I plan to buy a heap more in the future so basically when the time arrives cant I install em whenever one by one?? I put all those folders on my usb drive and I erased my nand-extracteda folder cause it was just taking up space. Basically to sum it up I guess, how would we add additional games to already extracted nand or folders.??Like when I use showmiiwads instead of using the option extract to nand or extract then to nand, couldnt I use extract to folder( its one of the options listed) and extract to the folder which has my wiiware, which I'm thinking is the * title folder, because this folder is bigger than the rest?

Sorry if its not too clear. I'm trying to explain myself the best I can. If I need to elaborate more let me know and I'll do my bes. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks to those in advance that try to sort me out.
You should be able to run the new games with Triiforce mrc or Mighty Channels (not Sneek) by just overwriting the ticket and title directories. Warning! If you overwrite the title folder, you will also overwrite your other WiiWare/VC savegames.

But this is a very slow method. For now, the best way to do it is to create a WAD of the game you bought with WADCreator. Then install it with ShowMiiWads.

I recommend to everyone to have ShowMiiWads installed as portable mode in the virtual NAND root, it's very useful.

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey man thanks, but what if I deleted my nand dump?? When you reffer to nand dumb
you mean nand-extracteda right?? I deleted this folder cause it was taking up space
and just have the seperate folders on my usb hdd. Would I have to do a whole nand dump over
again to install new wii ware games?? Sorry if that was a little confusing. I assume I should have kept
the nand-extracteda folder right?? But then again aint the seperate folders what come from the nand-extracteda?? So if I just put all those folders into one folder and label it nand-extrtacteda and then mount this folder with showmiiwads right?? I imagine it would have been easier if I would have saved that whole folder instead of deleting it. I was just wondering if there was a way to do it without that folder, but I imagine I could just put those folders into one folder labeled nand-extrtacteda, do the showmiiwad method again, then take the folders out of the nand-extracteda folder and put the seperate folders back on the root of the usb drive again like normal.

P.S. While posting this I did what I mentioned and it worked fine. Seem to have answered my own question.

vejta

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
marc_max said:
*Sort games by system
*Support for Bit Trip Fate (please, stop PMing me about this, I never said this game was supported on BETA4)
Hi, first of all, thk u for ur hard work marc_max, MC look great!!!
Now my noob question, i was wondering... i know it's difficult to "emulate" the nintendo channel animation, but what if u use (if it's possible) 2 images for a single channel to "simulate" the "official Channel effects", first one: the cover of the game that MC already download itself and the second just a reference image for the system (SNES, N64, ...) u may integrate in MC, using trasparency, the result whould be great i think. Just an idea :-). i hope not a fool one.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
*Sort games by system

Thanks for the update Marc_Max this sounds great. Was there more games that were found that would benefit from creating a savegame on the nand? Also will the "manage nand" option be enabled or is it not done yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto