With Love<3
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
So awhile back i got a new job. I'm working at a Vips restaurant.
Its been around since the 60's i believe and vips stands for "very important person"
i really dont know why its in english, and no one really even knows thats vips means something. xD
Well I'm the host/greeter and a waitress and sometimes i make the food.
The pay is alright, i get around 1,850-1,900 pesos a week, i believe thats like 180 in dollars?
I work mostly everyday at least 10hours a day. the atmosphere is very friendly. Vips is mostly for the wealthy type, so mostly business people
come in and spoiled teens. my coworkers are idiots and ive no idea how they got the jobs that they got but ive no problems with them.
my manager is always in his office "working" and he comes in and out every hour or so just to check up on everything. he's nice but has this weird vibe when hes staring at you...creepy is more like it.. eeek. he always tells us "do a good job, smile, and you'll get a raise" but the raise is just a lie. Mari who's been working there for 8months is still getting paid 1,800pesos. thats it. we shouldn't complain though because the pay is very decent but the hours are unfair. mostly when there are hardly any people, i just use the pc to browse the net(youtube, news, msn, and of course gbatemp).
i think we all get those people that are very picky or just want to make you wanna slap them.
i got a lady who asked exactly for sunshine eggs and when it came she got all angry at me stating "i said i wanted scrambled eggs!"
so i take it back, get her scrambled eggs and then she says "i dont want it anymore. i'll take the toast and tortilla soup"
Ah!!
so i then go back, place the order, come with it and she says "i feel like you did something with my food. i want to speak with the manager"
so holy poop!
i go and get my manager and he walks with me saying "what did you do" and i explain
then he said "ok, don't worry"
the lady starts complaining how i wouldnt refill her orange juice(i did twice) and how i was giving her crap and whatnot. gosh.
my manager pretty much gave her the benefit of the doubt and said the food was free and gave her a 25%off all that crap.
then my manager lectures me about perfection and stuff, omg!
he said "don't do it again", pats my back and goes back to "work".
then after an hour, he comes back and says "im taking off 100pesos off your paycheck because of this and that"
>;/
i cant complain, because this is a real good decent job and i dont want to lose it.
i just got to keep smiling.

so yeah. woohoo.

dont come to Vips for mexican food..its ok but its not traditional. the only good stuff is the orange juice and the key lime pie.

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing 160 USD is worth more there than US. That is not that great unless your really young and this is your first job. But congratz you have a job more than a lot of people can say.

1900 pesos = 160 USD

Yumi

With Love<3
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Wombo Combo said:
I'm guessing 160 USD is worth more there than US. That is not that great unless your really young and this is your first job. But congratz you have a job more than a lot of people can say.

1900 pesos = 160 USD

Oh no, ive had another. Was a juice bar but got paid less(1,200). I'm saving up for college. xP

I do have a bit to buy game goodies(skyward sword

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are jerks and will generally do anything to get a deal or a free meal. Personally the only thing the manager would be docking is my foot from his ass. Its obvious the person either wanted a free meal or just changed their minds about what they wanted.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been to VIPs from the state where I live a few times (although I've never been to Acapulco, for that matter) and in my opinion, the service and food are good (9/10 ? Something like that). At least here, they put promotions frequently and that's when a lot of people go. It isn't a place I frequent, BTW, but when I have the chance to go and my friends or family want to, I agree.
I didn't know they payed that much. If you enjoy it, they pay OK and it's a safe work (considering how safe Mexico is nowadays) then I think you should stay. About the people that make things like that to get free food, well, just let them be. That happens plenty of times, and almost every time the client gets what they want, sadly. Just make sure your boss knows you're a hard worker, and that's all that should matter.

Escapa said:

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you should find that woman in traffic and run her off the road into a dense forest.

Yumi

With Love<3
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
MigueelDnd said:
Well, I've been to VIPs from the state where I live a few times (although I've never been to Acapulco, for that matter) and in my opinion, the service and food are good (9/10 ? Something like that). At least here, they put promotions frequently and that's when a lot of people go. It isn't a place I frequent, BTW, but when I have the chance to go and my friends or family want to, I agree.
I didn't know they payed that much. If you enjoy it, they pay OK and it's a safe work (considering how safe Mexico is nowadays) then I think you should stay. About the people that make things like that to get free food, well, just let them be. That happens plenty of times, and almost every time the client gets what they want, sadly. Just make sure your boss knows you're a hard worker, and that's all that should matter.

Escapa said:

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Escapa said:
Yes, VIPs is very nice but like all restaurants(most), the food has no soul. x_x
Yes, promotions happen here too and then we get client rush! cant complain about that really. Now that i remember, the milanesa(breaded steak) was very tasty. i think i'll get that again tomorrow.
Cant say i havent seen a drug lord walk-in. -shivers-
my boss knows that, he just wants to show that he is the big dog. >;/

Lucky you. oh well, not going to waste 5months of work for a totally awesome 3ds.
sleep.gif
... -tear-
Oh, you guys have milanesa? I didn't know that. I remember some fries(If I recall correctly...) that were pretty good. And it must be hard for you to handle all of that, I mean, to greet everybody and get them a table, and more difficult when there's a lot of hasty clients that can't wait.
Seeing a drug lord walk in... I've never experienced it, but nevertheless it musn't be a pretty sight, or feeling for that mattter.

And I started saving since E3 2010, when I saw the awesome lineup I was convinced. I made some online sells, and won cash in a contest so I got it covered up by Christmas 2010. Hopefully it gets cheaper, so you can grab one up later. And don't get Rabbids 3D, it sucks... I made a big mistake with that one...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: lmfao not quite that but I love this one...