microsoft project 2007

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by anover51, Sep 8, 2016.

1. anover51
    OP

anover51 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2016
    United States
    Phoenix, AR
    I have a lot of project files on my pc. But some days ago one of the files was crashed-Project cannot recognize this file format. I tried to open my document in last version of MS Project, but error was the same. I'd like to restore project, any help.

2. anover51
    OP

anover51 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2016
    United States
    Phoenix, AR
    Someone of local users, please, any suggestions...

3. MarcusCarter

MarcusCarter Goodra the Great

Jan 7, 2012
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN
    Do you mean Visual Studio 2007? I've never heard of 'Project 2007' before. Did you try re-associating the files with the program?

4. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    There's not a VS 2007. It goes from 2005 to 2008.

5. MarcusCarter

MarcusCarter Goodra the Great

Jan 7, 2012
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN
    Okay, I've searched around, and found that Project 2007 Service Pack 1 is NOTORIOUS for corrupting projects when saving them. Your project is probably gone for good if you don't have the latest Service Pack installed. You'll need to start from scratch, and make sure you update to Service Pack 3 or newer. If you already have it, then it probably saved the file inproperly (corrupted it) even so, and you'll need to contact Microsoft Support about the issue, and provide the corrupted Project to them as well.

Edit: also, try this:

Go to File --> Options --> Trust Center --> click on Trust Center Settings --> Select the option "Allow loading files with legacy or non-default file formats" and try opening the file.

Last edited by MarcusCarter, Sep 22, 2016
    RemixDeluxe likes this.
  6. foleyed84

foleyed84 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    United States
    Union, KY
    You may apply method below or as a variant next software https://www.restoretools.com/projectrestore.html Project Restore Toolbox

Other solutions are to recover from backup. Open on another machine with Project or repair the User Profile. It may be corrupt. If you can log in with another username to the PC and try to open the file. Good luck,

OR:

1] Go t File --> Options --> Trust Center --> click on Trust Center Settings --> Select the option "Allow loading files with legacy or non-default file formats" and try opening the file.
    2] Open a blank project and try inserting the problematic file and try opening it.