Microsoft adjusts Xbox One DRM policies, online check-ins and used game complications are history

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seeing as how much Microsoft and Bill Gates has done for the world, from innovating and influencing software and the video game industry, to charitable efforts internationally (mostly this), it's pretty ignorant to call them greedy, and offensive to make poor -play-on-words of their name.

The amount of charity a company does is a reflection of their morality. And Microsoft's continuation of philanthropy, DESPITE being majorly viewed as a sinister corporation of avarice, and not shooting their charitable acts into the limelight to gain favor is part of what makes me respect them so much.

Microsoft -
Windows computers are cheaper (while being more powerful) than the competition.
The Xbox 360, for its value, is cheaper than the competition.
Windows software is cheaper (and more developed and powerful) than the competition.
Windows Phones are cheaper (and as powerful) than the competition.
Windows tablets are cheaper (and more powerful and run full Windows, a full OS) than the competition.

But you're judging Microsoft because the Xbox One is more expensive than the PS4.

If you had any idea what it is like to live in a lower-class economy and amongst people that do not have much economic power you would not have these opinions. But of course, everyone is entitled to their own.

Despite me really wanting to answer some of those statements, I will not discuss this further, so we can avoid more unnecessary head-bumping.

I actually read what you wrote. And I'm certain it gave me a learning disability.

Again, I don't think you did. I wrote at the beginning of my post: "I MAY BE WRONG IN THIS".

I'll make sure to make it bold text next time.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all of the companies are this way and to single out one of them is absurd. Nintendo cares about their customers when they send a free memory card which virtually cost them nothing when shipping an RMA console back. And Nintendo cared a lot about their customers when they charged 50 bucks per game for over a decade. And sony cared when they didn't tell their customers about the breach.

They are all out there to maximize profit and minimize losses. I'm not saying that there's a huge fault here but it is kinda silly to state whether or not a large business cares about people. Businesses don't work that way.

If Nintendo had their way there'd be little (sega) to no competition any longer and they would be reaping in billions of dollars again. And they wouldn't be giving out freebies.

Microsoft had such a tight leash on its system. Having their version of DRM was a slap to the face of their customers. I find it funny that people say that MS changed the policies of the Xbone, because they care about the consumers. Obviously, they don't. They just saw the potential money loss, and had to change, lest they lose potential buyers the the PS4.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They are all out there to maximize profit and minimize losses. I'm not saying that there's a huge fault here but it is kinda silly to state whether or not a large business cares about people. Businesses don't work that way.

Glad to see some people have their eyes wide open in this forum.

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had any idea what it is like to live in a lower-class economy and amongst people that do not have much economic power you would not have these opinions. But of course, everyone is entitled to their own.

Despite me really wanting to answer some of those statements, I will not discuss this further, so we can avoid more unnecessary head-bumping.

Again, I don't think you did. I wrote at the beginning of my post: "I MAY BE WRONG IN THIS".

I'll make sure to make it bold text next time.
It's very unfortunate that people have to live in lower-class economical conditions, but their priorities don't include luxurious purchases such as the Xbox One, or any few hundred dollar console at all. You're right. It is my opinion that Microsoft outclasses most companies and corporations in the world in philanthropy, but it's not like it's a disputable opinion. Microsoft is JUST better... than mostly everybody.

That's a given, but you didn't express your "may be wrong's" in a non-dictating, proselytizing manner.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's very unfortunate that people have to live in lower-class economical conditions, but their priorities don't include luxurious purchases such as the Xbox One, or any few hundred dollar console at all. You're right. It is my opinion that Microsoft outclasses most companies and corporations in the world in philanthropy, but it's not like it's a disputable opinion. Microsoft is JUST better... than mostly everybody.

That's a given, but you didn't express your "may be wrong's" in a non-dictating, proselytizing manner.

I'm glad you understand that.

Well sorry, not my intention then.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether for good or bad, I think we can all agree that Microsoft's original stance would have brought some much needed change to a stagnating gaming industry.

Guess we'll have to wait another seven years to see if anything changes next go around.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see some people have their eyes wide open in this forum.

I forgot to mention Atari because Atari seemed to try to dip into the till all along. Atari 2600 was nearly abandoned in a mid-aisle space in Toys R Us in the late 80s so they were still selling product and then of course later on they came out with the blunderous Atari Jaguar which wasn't even close to as good as a regular SNES deck.

But yeah Nintendo does more for people now because they have too much competition. However it also looks like Nintendo has the best titles for any of the three new consoles out. The other two are too saturated with jRPGs and crappy COD and whatnot rehash FPSes.

At least PS4 has Diablo III although people will laugh at that. But oh well.

So we have Destiny FPS on both of the top tier consoles and that is sort of cool.. I mean if I got back into FPS gaming mode I'd probably want that one. But I am hoping for Sony exclusives that are not FPS... maybe put another time crisis game, tekken, who knows.. but god they need to stop flooding all the fps and rpg junk it is quite uninteresting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1