Hacking MicroSD Reader Problem

snipes634

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I ordered an AceKard2i from realhotstuff.com and received it today. The cartridge and the microSD card work perfectly, no problems/complaints/questions. But the microSD reader is having some trouble. I first put the microSD card into the microSD reader, and then plugged it into my computer. It worked good. I copied a folder of 5 ROMs onto it and forgot to get the firmware for it. I took out the microSD reader and then took out the microSD card and put it into my AceKard2i cartridge, and put it into my DS. Then, of course, it told me a system file was missing, because I forgot the firmware. I went on their website, and got the firmware. I put the microSD card into my microSD reader and plugged that into the computer. I got a little notice that said that said what I plugged in was an Unknown Device, and that it may have malfunctioned. I checked the details, and it also said that the drivers weren't installed. Please help me fix, thank you! (thanks for putting up with my long message)

P.S. : I have a Windows XP.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
those readers from flash cart teams is never reliable

usually, on my side being unknown doesn't mean i can't access the microSD
a) have you try unplug it and try it on another usb port?
b) try restarting the PC then test the reader

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snipes634 said:
Hello. I ordered an AceKard2i from realhotstuff.com and received it today. The cartridge and the microSD card work perfectly, no problems/complaints/questions. But the microSD reader is having some trouble. I first put the microSD card into the microSD reader, and then plugged it into my computer. It worked good. I copied a folder of 5 ROMs onto it and forgot to get the firmware for it. I took out the microSD reader and then took out the microSD card and put it into my AceKard2i cartridge, and put it into my DS. Then, of course, it told me a system file was missing, because I forgot the firmware. I went on their website, and got the firmware. I put the microSD card into my microSD reader and plugged that into the computer. I got a little notice that said that said what I plugged in was an Unknown Device, and that it may have malfunctioned. I checked the details, and it also said that the drivers weren't installed. Please help me fix, thank you! (thanks for putting up with my long message)

#1-
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

mad.gif
NO ROM TALK ALLOWED!!!
mad.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

#2-
The micro SD card reader I got with my AK2i was like that, too. Just buy a new one.

snipes634

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Extremely sorry about talking about ROMs, I just wanted to point out thats what I did, sorry won't do it again.

2. Is that the only solution? Because I'd rather not spend my money for another one lol

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snipes634 said:
1. Extremely sorry about talking about ROMs, I just wanted to point out thats what I did, sorry won't do it again.

2. Is that the only solution? Because I'd rather not spend my money for another one lol
Get a SD card sleeve and a SD card reader.

snipes634

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the card, because I took out the card and put in the microSD reader WITHOUT the card, and it still didn't work. (unless that doesn't matter?)

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
snipes634 said:
It's not the card, because I took out the card and put in the microSD reader WITHOUT the card, and it still didn't work. (unless that doesn't matter?)

When you say it still didn't work, did it give you an error? When I plug the reader into my PC without a microSD card inside, it doesn't do anything which is expected because it has nothing to access.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
chickenmatt5 said:
snipes634 said:

#1-
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

mad.gif
NO ROM TALK ALLOWED!!!
mad.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

#2-
The micro SD card reader I got with my AK2i was like that, too. Just buy a new one.
Dude you can talk about ROMs like that... don't go so mad over it. It's asking/giving ROMs that isn't allowed.

And example that would be okay is "I patched my clean untrimmed ROM and copied it to my micro SD card to play".

But yeah, just try a different card reader. I use a Sandisk one, work great
smile.gif

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Which adapter did you get? I got the tiny plastic one with a string attached at the end. I've tried with two different micro SD cards and it doesn't work at all, I think it came DoA, but I don't really care, the adapter that came with my R4 SDHC also didn't work more than twice before it died out. After that I've just bought a proper SD card reader and It works really well, no card problems at all in 2 years.

snipes634

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got a small silver one with a black cap on the end that said MicroSD and then under it it said USB 2.0 and it had a small red light whenever I plugged it in.

By the way, if I use the danny phantom hack, is there a high chance it's going to brick your acekard? Because I see a few people who have been bricked.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
snipes634 said:
Well I got a small silver one with a black cap on the end that said MicroSD and then under it it said USB 2.0 and it had a small red light whenever I plugged it in.I've received that reader with my R4 SDHC, and it died after using it twice so yea, it's crap.

QUOTE(snipes634 @ Sep 2 2009, 02:57 PM) By the way, if I use the danny phantom hack, is there a high chance it's going to brick your acekard? Because I see a few people who have been bricked.
There is always a chance, but if you follow the instructions it should work properly. Also, If you have another cart (any), you can even fix a bricked Ak2i by reflashing it.

snipes634

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so today I'll go to the store and get a new one. And yeah,if mine bricks I'll just get another one and unbrick it. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking