Hacking microSD management on homecreen and working on old3DS's too

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
we now have a fully working EU version, pretty sure it wasnt an error on my side as even building exactly the same as Apache resulted in the same bug....manged to make a bit of a mish mash version using the US exheader data and the EU everything else giving us one that works pretty much perfectly (except the error prompt after running it) but other than that it will let you stay in emunand and transfer files over, also switched to Apache Thunder 's very cool custom banner too

i guess it will also be around "soon" at your favorite site other than gbatemp :)

Reactions: memomo and daxtsu

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nope....well unless you have a lot of cia's to transfer where it would be quicker to copy direct and reboot, but for pulling saves off the SD, and transferring the odd cia file over it does that job perfectly

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Europe version works perfectly for me on my Aus console. Only time I can see myself getting out of EmuNAND is when the console freezes after being awoken from sleep.
Only had that issue once so far, but that's not related to this.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
yep it works perfectly , and someone in that forum tried to change the gw launcher too and it WORKS , so you can change it and then reboot the console going to settings to load the new launcher again !! so basically what was made for making N3DS users life easier with their hidden sd card , has made the life of every 3ds flashcard user easier :)

TheMajestic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there any way to get a Mac working with that without bootcamp or virtualization of windows? I can't connect with my mac directly.. :(

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Anyone having trouble accessing the 3DS from the Network list can go to Control Panel -> Credential Manager -> Add windows account -> the console name, user and pass set up for microSD access login.

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks for this. Being able to easily integrate it into windows is always nice, and while the various homebrew FTPs worked, they weren't always the most stable.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Edit: You might need category flags too, unsure: Normal, DlpChild, Demo, Contents, AddonContents, Patch, CannotExecution, RequireBatchUpdate, NotRequireUserApproval, NotRequireRightForMount, CanSkipConvertJumpId.

How do I set the catagory flags. Sounds separate from the content type and category fields. I don't see a command in my rsf file for this unless I have to create it? And if so, which section would I put it in?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How do I set the catagory flags. Sounds separate from the content type and category fields. I don't see a command in my rsf file for this unless I have to create it? And if so, which section would I put it in?

I could be wrong, but it looks like it goes under TitleInfo, and then you'd use CategoryFlags, but from the source code, it seems you cannot specify both a Category and CategoryFlags at the same time, so it'd be one or the other.

Code:
fprintf(stderr,"[ID ERROR] Can not set \"Category\" and \"CategoryFlags\" at the same time.\n");

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I specified both:

Code:
Category                : Patch
CategoryFlags        : Patch

And it did not show any errors.... Interesting. :P

Maybe that error only crops up depending on what container type you are using. For NCCH (aka CXI/APP files) perhaps that isn't a limitation)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't ask how I know that's in the works lol