Hacking microSD management on homecreen and working on old3DS's too

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it has to be patched or it wont show up on a old 3DS (or a new 3DS for that matter) as its never really meant to be booted from the homescreen

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just installed this on my OG3DS. Seems to work great, thanks for the share :)
However I tried to move the app into a folder and *poof* it disappeared.
Now I don't know the TitleID of this app so I can't really remove it in order to reinstall.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just installed this on my OG3DS. Seems to work great, thanks for the share :)
However I tried to move the app into a folder and *poof* it disappeared.
Now I don't know the TitleID of this app so I can't really remove it in order to reinstall.
hmmmm i will have to do some testing, im not sure if this will still be marked as a system app and as such non uninstallable :unsure:.....leave it with me XD
EDIT: ok you should be able to uninstall it in dev menu look for 00251 CTR-N-HAJP

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Didn't work at all here

CGWB7NG.png

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, i see.
And how i can find it in cia for old 3dsxl ?
3DNUS ?With the title ID ?

The US title ID is 0004001020024100, and the Japanese title ID is 0004001020023100. I found these title IDs on 3DBrew under section 00040010 - System Applications. This application seems to be really picky about which region it's running on, so we might have to leave them region locked.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, the title really got me excited, but then I got sad... I totally thought this was gonna be an app that would give you access to the microSD's contents in the Gateway cart. Never knew the New 3DS uses microSD cards. Oh well, still a neat app. Maybe I'll test it out to see how it compares to FTbrony.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The freezing issue is probably because it's not supposed to be run from the SD card. I noticed the modified version runs from SD while the official one will go to NAND. If you can get it to install to NAND instead it might work better. ;)

Is there a way to specify that it should be installed to the (emu)NAND, perhaps with an RSF option?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I would assume something in the RSF would define that. But I don't have a RSF for something like this nor do I know how to generate working one. I've only ever built Pokemon games with an RSF provided by someone else. So I wouldn't be the one to ask. :(

Heck I've been trying to figure out how to modify an RSF so I can create a custom game patch. But I don't know how to change the app category. Currently it would get installed as an "Application" if I repack the CXI file. I tried changing the "content type" and "category" to "Patch" or DLC, but makerom says those are invalid types. So I don't know what other valid options are for that part of the RSF file. Much less on what I should edit to make something install to NAND instead of SD. :P

Also, the region free version I found on a certain site doesn't work for me. Looks like it was built from the Europe version and doesn't work for other regions. It just blackscreens. So I uninstalled it. Hoping USA version gets modified and released soon.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah the RF doesnt seem to work for this app, i did ask the other person to test it before they release, but idk.....apparently you can start it via devmenu though

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, it's really picky about being run on 3DSes from another region. I did make a USA CIA, but it was buggy. Dunno if I'll try again later.

Also, re: RSF files, it looks like the valid choices are "Application", "SystemUpdate", "Manual", "Child", and "Trial". I guess we'd leave it as Application and then figure out how to make it install to the NAND. There must be a flag somewhere.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Child definitely looks to be DLC/Game patch type. Thanks. I might get my custom game patch repacked correctly now. :D

EDIT: What about "Category" under Title ID section? That one doesn't accept Child as the category type... I might try and pack it anyway with just the content type set to child and see if that works.

Reactions: daxtsu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs