Hacking MicroSD keeps getting wiped

gazsellout

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've only had my EDGE for a few days but already my MicroSD card has been wiped completely 3 times now, everything gets deleted! It has happened when loading moonshell which crashed, when reloading everything else (games, saves, homebrew) had gone. It also happened when loading SNEmuIDS.

Any thoughts on whether this is the EDGE card or perhaps the MicroSD card? I'm thinking of getting either (or both) replaced but would be good to just start with one first.

I'm running EDGE firmware 1.42 but going to try 1.41 see if that helps.

Thanks,

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem might be a corrupted MicroSD. I have encountered that once with my PQI 1GB, it just deleted all my games, save files, everything.

Best thing to do would be to replace the MicroSD card.

By the way, you're using what brand and what is its capacity? If I may suggest, Kingston would suit EDGE cards best.
smile.gif

gazsellout

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a SanDisk 4GB. I've gone back to firmware 1.41, if it happens again I will replace the memory card.

Anybody else had these kind of problems and confirmed it as the memory card?

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gazsellout said:
It's a SanDisk 4GB. I've gone back to firmware 1.41, if it happens again I will replace the memory card.

Anybody else had these kind of problems and confirmed it as the memory card?

No one can tell you what it is, it's a process of elimination. It's cheaper and quicker to replace the Micro SD card.

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gazsellout said:
I've only had my EDGE for a few days but already my MicroSD card has been wiped completely 3 times now, everything gets deleted! It has happened when loading moonshell which crashed, when reloading everything else (games, saves, homebrew) had gone. It also happened when loading SNEmuIDS.

Any thoughts on whether this is the EDGE card or perhaps the MicroSD card? I'm thinking of getting either (or both) replaced but would be good to just start with one first.

I'm running EDGE firmware 1.42 but going to try 1.41 see if that helps.

Thanks,
It could be the microSD card, but for some reason I doubt it because I never had a problem with it in my previous R4 until I got the EDGE.

The only homebrew I've tried was DSLibris, and it corrupts my microSD card when ever I use it so I've ditched it and went with DSReader which I have no further issues.

Not only that, but sometimes when I do the soft-reset, it cause the same problems so I just switch my DS off and reboot.

dippindivin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can wipe any card by turning it off in the middle of an write operation. This is most likely what happened with you in the middle of the crash. This is the case with any SD card on any device, weither is a phone, mp3 player, game console card, anything. If you turn it off during the write process (notice when you save a game it always says DO NOT TURN OFF DURING SAVE) it will wipe everything on the card.

Your SD card is fine, so is your hardware. I would say download a different version of the edge ROM, one that doesnt crash in the middle of a process. There are a few different sites to get it from, make sure you got it from the official site. Just dont power it off during the middle of an operation, which im pretty positive is what happened in your case.

Good luck

Speedy321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDGE are meant to be good cards,so I dont think it is your edge.Maybe if reformatting it wont work,get a kingston micro SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: