MicroSD has only half space (even when formatted)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys. I hope there is a microSD ninja that can help me with my little problem. So I just got a brand new Kingston (made in Japan) MicroSD 2GB

Here is my problem:

microsd.jpg

There are no files on the card. I have formatted the card by right clicking on the device and clicking on 'format'. FAT32, not quick format yadayada. Still the card insists it is still half full and I have tested that I can not fill it up to the actual size it should be.

Is there something I can try? A special formatter? cmd?

Cheers
grog.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
try Unstoppable Copier, helped me with PSP memory.
try to copy more than 1GIG with it, see what happens.

also, use CHKDSK /f and /R , those may help too.

Cheers.

Gordon7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The same thing happend with my SD mirco.. and the way i fixed it was i used a laptop that was at work with a built in SD card reader.. to format it again

hope this helps

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a sandisk 2gb microsd that had the same thing happen to it. My pc froze during a transfer. I tried formatting thru windows and I used sdformatter (from download center here), but no luck. So I kept downloading formatting programs and trying them until one worked and opened the card up to full capacity again. I think it was an MSI program, but don't quote me on that. TBH I tried so many programs I can't remember them all.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I managed to find a digital camera to format it in and now it says 1.8GB free. Sweet
smile.gif
It's probably a shoddy fake card though still but I'll give it a go.

Glad to hear the problem is gone.

Just wondering though, where did you get the MicroSD?
unsure.gif

~Nero

GameYeeeah actually
wink2.gif

Ever since formatting it in a digital camera it's been working perfectly. In fact it's running a hell of a lot faster than my old 1GB kingston was. The menu in my DSTT is now smooth as butter where as before it lagged slightly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool