Hacking microSD Deals

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there up to 32GB mate, VERY HARD to find, tho and like 68$, cheap? I dunno if there actually is one out YET but the ETA for it to be in stock was Sept something...

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where do you buy a 32GB MicroSD and what company? I want to see it because it looks so interesting. Like wouldn't that mean that an iPod shuffle could go up to like 32GB because the MicroSD is so small. Probably not because it might cost like $150. Kinda worth it if you want the mony.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Where do you buy a 32GB MicroSD and what company? I want to see it because it looks so interesting. Like wouldn't that mean that an iPod shuffle could go up to like 32GB because the MicroSD is so small. Probably not because it might cost like $150. Kinda worth it if you want the mony.
They've only developed up to 8GB microSDHCs so far, at least that's what I see. There are plans from memory companies such, notably Sandisk, I believe, which entail the manufacturing of 16 GB cards in the near future.

PanzerWF

OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Devante said:
Just got a 2-pack of Kingston 2GB MicroSD (made in Japan) straight from their site.

$14 shipped.

Kingston MicroSD 2GB x2 - $14 (shipped)
Sweet, I didn't know they had good deals for double packs or whatever they're called.

IOwnAndPwnU said:
Wow. I never knew there were such good deals.

One of the worst deals I've seen. I went to the mall one day. I looked in a small business electronic store. I found some MicroSD. Kingston (Supposedly, Japan) ($CDN)
1GB-$20
2GB-$40
4GB-$50
I was like that's too expensive, then the guy agreed with me.
wtf.gif

Ahaha. Damn MSRPs lol.

KendiKong said:
I heard that ADATA doesnt have an 8GB 6 Class card, but i see this....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211341

It's real right?

Also, there's a reason why most of these bargains are all transcend and kingston cards....

Also, I'm pretty sure the 6GB Sandisk bulk package does include the adapter
Thanks, updated. I would assume it is real, since Newegg is selling it.

QUOTE(TheWingless @ Aug 16 2008, 10:04 AM)
The A-Data 4GB class 6 at Newegg is back up to 14.99USD with free shipping.
Why must Newegg tempt me with these deals!?!? Hot for anybody residing within the US, and needing a 4giger.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PanzerWF said:
One of the worst deals I've seen. I went to the mall one day. I looked in a small business electronic store. I found some MicroSD. Kingston (Supposedly, Japan) ($CDN)
1GB-$20
2GB-$40
4GB-$50
wtf.gif

Ahaha. Damn MSRPs lol.

What are MSRPs? I didn't buy my 2GB from there. I bought my MicroSD with my flashcarts. $15 for the 2GB and $30 for the 4GB (refer to my signature).

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's only cheap on the internet (sadly
frown.gif
).
But serious, 2GB for $80 is like hArKoRe rip-off. You could get like 8GB for that price (if not cheaper).

PanzerWF

OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
IOwnAndPwnU said:
PanzerWF said:
1GB-$20
2GB-$40
4GB-$50
wtf.gif

Ahaha. Damn MSRPs lol.

What are MSRPs? I didn't buy my 2GB from there. I bought my MicroSD with my flashcarts. $15 for the 2GB and $30 for the 4GB (refer to my signature).

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price

I assume that's why stores sell things for such a ridiculous amount.

nolefan413

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those in the US that still have a CompUSA in their area, they have a 8GB Class 4 for $45usd in stock right now. I just put one in my AceKard2 and have had no problems with it at all. 8GB is a lot of space. I have a lot of stuff on this thing.

Also, CompUSA is owned by TigerDirect so they carry the same sd card although it's a bit more expensive:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=3611

PanzerWF

OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
nolefan413 said:
For those in the US that still have a CompUSA in their area, they have a 8GB Class 4 for $45usd in stock right now. I just put one in my AceKard2 and have had no problems with it at all. 8GB is a lot of space. I have a lot of stuff on this thing.

Also, CompUSA is owned by TigerDirect so they carry the same sd card although it's a bit more expensive:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=3611
Thanks, updated.

IOwnAndPwnU said:
The adapter looks cool! I wish I had one of those.
frown.gif

It's actually a microSD card reader heh.

QUOTE(seedvt @ Aug 21 2008, 03:31 PM)
NCIX.com Back 2 School sale part 2 - Aug 20-26

Patriot 1GB - $6.99
Patriot 2GB - $9.99
Patriot 4GB SDHC class 6 - $18.99

Not a bad alternative for Canadians.
Thanks, updated.

Ivoire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saxamo said:
ONLY TODAY AT WOOT.COM. 2 KINGSTON 2 gb cards for 11.49 total. That is with shipping and everything!

woot.com

I found out about that too ( an hour ago on my own ) and was about to post it!

Ordered myself 2 sets just in case. Woot is the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...