Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
g4med4d said:
buy.com has Kingston 2GB microSD for $6.99 w/ free shipping now. LINK
Ridiculously hot. Man, I wish I had a US address lol.

dexmix said:
Kingston is no longer made in Japan!!!

i just got a kingston 2GB microSD - and its clearly labeled made in Taiwan.
Just a heads up - not sure how this is going to affect the random access speed. So far i haven't noticed a real difference. Even with my Japanese Kingston - i noticed some lag in Zelda, and Lunar Knights.

maybe i need to pay more attention to the memory Class
Um, did it say Made in Taiwan on the packaging? Because my 2GB Kingston said that, but on the microSD, it said SD-C02G Japan I think.

So maybe they repack microSDs or something?

gosp said:
In the distant future, 8GB on a microSD will be the standard. Just watch
wink.gif

QUOTE(skagamer @ Aug 14 2008, 12:30 PM)
Don't forget about the 4GB Transcend Class 6 at NewEgg. This card doesn't have the problems that plague the A-Data and it costs less!!
lecture.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820208408
I don't know much about microSDHCs, so I'm not sure why Class 6 > Class 4 or how to choose a brand. If anyone had any links, or could post a topic about buying microSDHCs, I'd be glad to link to it.

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miketh2005 said:
A-DATA comes with a Lifetime Warranty. So I'm not really worried, and it's not cheaper, you forgot the shipping.

That warranty doesn't do much for Cyclo owners who have issues with the performance of the A-Data. You can save on shipping by choosing "Egg Saver" in your shopping cart. Ended up being roughly $2.50 for me. $16 shipped for a 4GB card is a no brainer.

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skagamer said:
miketh2005 said:
A-DATA comes with a Lifetime Warranty. So I'm not really worried, and it's not cheaper, you forgot the shipping.

That warranty doesn't do much for Cyclo owners who have issues with the performance of the A-Data. You can save on shipping by choosing "Egg Saver" in your shopping cart. Ended up being roughly $2.50 for me. $16 shipped for a 4GB card is a no brainer.

I have Amazon Prime so I found a 2GB Kingston for 14$ shipped, the A-Data should work fine, it's 6 Class and SDHC, I don't see why it should have problems, if it does im sure I can send it back.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
PanzerWF said:
Seven said:
I don't know about Transcend, but it's $9.40 at Amazon right now. 4GB Class 6 MicroSDHC. Click.

EDIT: Oh gawd it pulled a fast one, it's $16~ now.
Did you manage to get one? That would have been a pretty hot deal. Too bad they seemed to notice their pricing error lol.

It's back at $9.40 again. It probably just fluctuates from time to time, but the price is just about right.

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seven said:
PanzerWF said:
Seven said:
I don't know about Transcend, but it's $9.40 at Amazon right now. 4GB Class 6 MicroSDHC. Click.

EDIT: Oh gawd it pulled a fast one, it's $16~ now.
Did you manage to get one? That would have been a pretty hot deal. Too bad they seemed to notice their pricing error lol.

It's back at $9.40 again. It probably just fluctuates from time to time, but the price is just about right.

$16.76 again....

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Haha, yeah, it fluctuates. I've noticed that it's 9.40 for a certain timeframe up to 9:00 P.M.

I don't know how long the whole $16~ thing goes, so I might check every other hour or so.

PanzerWF

OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Since Google Docs isn't as um, solid as Excel is, I've decided to also provide the original Excel file for anyone who wants it.

Damn, I want that 4GB Transcend. Time to camp that site lol.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow. I never knew there were such good deals.

One of the worst deals I've seen. I went to the mall one day. I looked in a small business electronic store. I found some MicroSD. Kingston (Supposedly, Japan) ($CDN)
1GB-$20
2GB-$40
4GB-$50
I was like that's too expensive, then the guy agreed with me.
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...