Hardware Microphones only work on certain games

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Anyone got any ideas about this ?

We have microphones bought off eBay which work fine when used with Disney HSM Sing It (loaded via CFG loader and using IOS 222-mload). But the same mics aren't recognised by U Sing (using the same method; CFG and IOS 222-mload).

Any ideas anyone ?

Regards,

Adam Brunt

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

We have microphones bought off eBay which work fine when used with Disney HSM Sing It (loaded via CFG loader and using IOS 222-mload). But the same mics aren't recognised by U Sing (using the same method; CFG and IOS 222-mload).

Any ideas anyone ?

Regards,

Adam Brunt
Depends on the manufacturer. There are a lot of non-oem (original equp manufacturer) made in china for a lot less that are not 100% compatible. This is true for many electronic and tech tools. Can be a great deal and work great in some cases, limited functionality, quality and may even damage and/or void warranty. Logitech is the go-to mic. device for most games.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry AdamBrunt. Probably set you back 10-20 bucks. Could've been worst but just keep it mind for future electronic equip purchases. Also beware b/c many ebay sellers say "OEM replacement" or "OEM compatible" which is not the same as just "OEM"!

miguelbolas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Any ideas anyone ?

Regards,

Adam Brunt
Try another cios.
I think this game use cios with base 57.
Like cios 224 base 57 v5.1 or 250 base 57 d2x v9 r47.
I have U sing2 and works fine with cios 224 base 57 v5.1.

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry AdamBrunt. Probably set you back 10-20 bucks.

Not really - as we need replacement mics anyway. I don't think we'd ever tried any mic with U Sing before the this.

Try another cios.
I think this game use cios with base 57.

I'll give it a try. Is there any way I can find out which cIOS are currently installed and on which bases (if that makes sense) ?

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll give it a try. Is there any way I can find out which cIOS are currently installed and on which bases (if that makes sense) ?
in cfg loader just press 1 i think it is and go to info it will tell you the ios installed and their bases

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
in cfg loader just press 1 i think it is and go to info it will tell you the ios installed and their bases

Hmmm ... according to CFG loader, I don't have 224 installed at all and 250 is base 38 ???

Installed both of those via ModMii and everything seemed to have installed fine. CFGloader now says they're both installed but has ??? next to each one and ... the mics don't work when using either :(

miguelbolas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hmmm ... according to CFG loader, I don't have 224 installed at all and 250 is base 38 ???

Installed both of those via ModMii and everything seemed to have installed fine. CFGloader now says they're both installed but has ??? next to each one and ... the mics don't work when using either :(
You should start the game with IOS224, to do this press 1 if you have the game selected, change the IOS and press 2 to save the setting. Then the game should work fine.

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

You should start the game with IOS224, to do this press 1 if you have the game selected, change the IOS and press 2 to save the setting. Then the game should work fine.

Tried that made no difference but ... oddly all the games (Disney Sing It, We Sing, We Sing Encore and U Sing) work on 222-mload when only Disney Sing It worked before. Very bizarre

miguelbolas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Tried that made no difference but ... oddly all the games (Disney Sing It, We Sing, We Sing Encore and U Sing) work on 222-mload when only Disney Sing It worked before. Very bizarre
You must have the mics plugged the wii before turning on the console.
This way it will be recognized by the wii.
Don't forget to choose the cios indicated for each game.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
i love it when people say you need to use 224 or 250
the problem with comments like that is what you have and what i have in those IOS slots could be completely different

the mic games i have work on 223 mload in cfg the cios in that slot has a ios 37 base thats as much as i know about that

You must have the mics plugged the wii before turning on the console.
This way it will be recognized by the wii.
Don't forget to choose the cios indicated for each game.

this is bull works fine on mine when ever i plug the mics in

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16