Hacking Micro SDHC issue

leech69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard2i, and have been enjoying the hell out of it for quite some time. With it I purchased a 8GB Micro SDHC card, the card worked flawlessly for quite some time I was able to use the SD-USB reader that came with the Acekard to move files as I pleased to and from the card. However recently I put the SDHC card into my sister's PC (XP) to copy some files over so she could have them on her DSi, when I plugged the USB reader into her PC it read the card, when I proceeded to copy files off of my 8GB card, the process halted mid-copy and the PC stopped recognizing the card. Since then no matter what PC or USB/internal reader I use the card shows up normally for about 20seconds, then disappears as if it's not there.

The weirdest part is that if I put the card inside my Acekard the DSi reads it and runs everything normally, the main problem is that I can't get it to work properly on my PC. I have another card (2GB Micro SD) that works normally as well, so it's not the reader that is faulty, nor is it the PC.

My guess is something happened to the filesystem and it just needs to be formatted to be in working order, but the problem there is I have a lot of saved games in a few games that i've spent lots of time playing, so losing my save files would be very upsetting.

One thing to note is that I found a piece of software "testdisk-6.11.3" that I was able to use to supposedly copy my entire 'Games' folder to my hardrive with, however when I took the .nds and .sav files and put them on the 2GB card, they didn't work correctly. the .nds files shows up as "DS Program File" and the .sav is unusable (I tested by re-downloading the .nds file and trying to load the save)

Basically I'm here to ask a couple questions. 1: has anyone encountered any issues like this, and if so did you manage to resolve it? 2: Assuming there's no way to get my PC to recognize the SDHC card without a format, is there any other way to back up my saved games?

leech69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*bump*

I would very much appreciate at least a little input, I'm about to embark on a 18 hour car ride and this problem needs to be sorted
frown.gif

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried using it on a PC that has never had the drive connected before? I'm not sure what to suggest really, you could try booting into safe mode and seeing if the drive at least shows up there. Have you tried simple things like re-installing drivers in device manager for the drive? Long shot I know, but I can't think of any way around it. Also, if it doesn't show up on your PC, how are you planning on formatting it?

Lord Ned

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Magoo222 said:
Have you tried using it on a PC that has never had the drive connected before? I'm not sure what to suggest really, you could try booting into safe mode and seeing if the drive at least shows up there. Have you tried simple things like re-installing drivers in device manager for the drive? Long shot I know, but I can't think of any way around it. Also, if it doesn't show up on your PC, how are you planning on formatting it?

The Panasonic formatter might see it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2