Micro SD

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Watoy, May 13, 2011.

1. Watoy
    OP

Watoy Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2011
    United States
    Hey, I have an R4DS Revolution and was just wondering if you need a specific Micro SD for it? because I'm currently using the one that came with it 2gb, but I have a 4gb and it doesn't work, I also want to expand to 16gb but I'm making sure if it will work or not. Thanks. Please don't flame me if this is a stupid question!

2. Thumper

Thumper Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2011
    Malta
    If you have the original R4DS 2GB is the maximum it can support :/

3. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Feb 10, 2011
    The EoF
    Yes, if it is an original, then the max. is 2GB (no SDHC) If it is a clone it will probably support more. Make sure you copy all the files directly from one SD to another, if you try again.

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    If you want an R4 with SDHC support and Wood, go for one of these 2 clones, R4iDSN or R4i Gold, most be that one because the other only supports a modified AKAIO which may or may not update.

5. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Feb 10, 2011
    The EoF
    If you want SDHC and wood go for r4idsn or the r4gold (make sure you get the right clone though, ther are about 7 different r4 golds. If you want AKAIO get an r4 ultra. Better yet, skip these three clones and get an Acekard 2i or a SuperCard DSTWO, or just live with a 2GB maximum, maybe delete games when you're done.