Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
PCB: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/18trdVaa
micro SD socket: https://www.amazon.com/Spring-Loaded-Transflash-Memory-Socket/dp/B00E6QKT5U/
specs: https://github.com/xyzz/gamecard-microsd

Solder the micro SD card socket to the PCB. It only needs to be less than the thickness of a game card, 2mm.

I was under the impression that the PCB had to be 1mm thick. Oshpark only does .8 and 1.6 mm PCBs so these, based on what xyzz states on his GitHub which you linked to, would not work... Or did I miss something?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that the PCB had to be 1mm thick. Oshpark only does .8 and 1.6 mm PCBs so these, based on what xyzz states on his GitHub which you linked to, would not work... Or did I miss something?
I thought he was referring to the adapter fitting into a game card, that's why I went with 0.8mm. So 1.6mm will work, just with no game card or casing around it.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought he was referring to the adapter fitting into a game card, that's why I went with 0.8mm. So 1.6mm will work, just with no game card or casing around it.

Taken straight from the hardware section of xyzz's GitHub: "The pcb has to be 1mm thick.". I'm thinking the reason for this is so you don't jack up the gamecard slot but I'm not 100% about that. Even still, if xyzz says 1mm then that's what I'm gonna get. Course it may be more beneficial to just wait another week before I buy and see what others come up with and see what moredrugsmore3somes results are on his boards. Also I don't think these were ever designed too be used with a gamecard case.

Last edited by SonsofOcelot,

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I use 0.8 PCB thickness, but then I have to use some tape to increase the thickness because otherwise it does not touch the contact correctly
DSC00129.jpg DSC00134.jpg DSC00137.jpg DSC00139.jpg

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thanks for the pics FX! It's just the electrical tape that's on it correct? Hard to tell if there is additional clear tape but it may just be me...
electrical tape + on back i added layer of clear tape for better sliding :) i know its not the best solution but i now have only 0,8mm thickness PCB and for testing its ok :)

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken straight from the hardware section of xyzz's GitHub: "The pcb has to be 1mm thick.". I'm thinking the reason for this is so you don't jack up the gamecard slot but I'm not 100% about that. Even still, if xyzz says 1mm then that's what I'm gonna get. Course it may be more beneficial to just wait another week before I buy and see what others come up with and see what moredrugsmore3somes results are on his boards. Also I don't think these were ever designed too be used with a gamecard case.
But it's titled "PS Vita gamecard to microSD adapter". I'm pretty sure the 1mm thickness is so there's enough room, otherwise the plastic around it would be too thin.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
But it's titled "PS Vita gamecard to microSD adapter". I'm pretty sure the 1mm thickness is so there's enough room, otherwise the plastic around it would be too thin.

But if that were the case then I would think he would have a schematic to modify a plastic case. Also he mentions this: "There's no case for the adapter. Make sure to cover testpoints with some tape to prevent shorts. You also will have to use tweezers to remove adapter from PS Vita. Don't grab the adapter by the socket or you risk damaging it."

I guess if you wanted you could attempt to improve the design by making a shell for it but I'm certain that the adapter FX3200 made, aside from the .8mm thickness, is exactly what xyzz made and used.

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I just finished the battery discharge rate test gamecard sd adapter vs psv mem card.
i use for it game street fighter x tekken which in loop run demoplay and intro. set timer to 2h and wait :)
And the result is VITAident app show almost the same percentage battery balance at the end of test i think its a good news :)

Last edited by FX3200,

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Any kind of speed comparison to the normal sony mem card?
yes i tried two consoles side by side loading game, i try Jet set radio(same speed), Dont starve(same speed), super meet boy(same speed), then i try Adrenaline nhl07(It is about 2s slower approx) And one game(persona 4) I've tried had a problem with intro play(blinking screen) on my 128gb card and on 16gb did not have that problem its same speed same class cards maybe it's better to buy a faster card than class 10 :)

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yes i tried two consoles side by side loading game, i try Jet set radio(same speed), Dont starve(same speed), super meet boy(same speed), then i try Adrenaline nhl07(It is about 2s slower approx) And one game(persona 4) I've tried had a problem with intro play(blinking screen) on my 128gb card and on 16gb did not have that problem its same speed same class cards maybe it's better to buy a faster card than class 10 :)

Interesting... Might it have been due to the actual storage size rather than card speed? I've noticed on phone and other devices slower speeds using larger storage in the same class... It may also be the hardware itself though.

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, i would like to know if the cobra BF adapter can work (sameone remembere that adapter?)

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work