Hacking Micro SD to PSVita game card adapter announced

D

Deleted-355425

The newest design that's intended for use is a 1mm design which you cannot get from Osh. He ordered an older design standard, another reason not to buy from him. (The OP guy link not the shell guy)

Why so bothered?

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why so bothered?
... that post made me think of the Joker.... "Why so Serious"

but hey it giving us options while other people giving opinions about them so if they get it in the end it on them if it work or not.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So only one will be mapped to ux0: ? Don't you think that at least yfanLu 3G can stand together with the Original Vita card ? Or my be we'll get a mount/dismount software stuff ?
It may be possible to mount one as uma0 like with TheFlows HDD support on the PSTV, but AFAIK this adapter is meant to be mounted as ux0 only. I highly doubt you'll be able to use all 3 at the same time, unless some more modifications are made.

Reactions: barak06

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It may be possible to mount one as uma0 like with TheFlows HDD support on the PSTV, but AFAIK this adapter is meant to be mounted as ux0 only. I highly doubt you'll be able to use all 3 at the same time, unless some more modifications are made.
Dear Yifan or dear Thi_Flow, please let us use our mem card and our SD2Vita, there are some of us, anxious ones, that bought a high capacity mem card and don't want to lose the money spent in a box. You already rescue the Vita, now rescue the mem cards. :wink:

yoshimashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was excited... then I thought about it more carefully. We don't know how well these will work, if we ever get them at all. I'll wait for someone else to take the bullet for me. In the meantime, I've got a PSTV with the USB stick hack!
I plan on doing that too!

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Interested too see what happens with this. I'll wait a bit to see if the Chinese manufacturers pick it up, else I may check into getting some PCBs if the schematics are available. Will be exciting to use my handheld again in conjunction with my PSTV

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
This is something worth keeping up with. However I still think it would be more cautious to wait and see what issues arise with these products and wait to see if some Chinese company start building these and selling them cheap. I know the current asking price is not high enough to be a very risky choice, but something better might come out of this in the near future.

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it cost 10-20 i take a chance on them im not tight on money anymore... but it 30+ that something else....

also using multi mem card... imo I say let the real card stay dormant like a failsafe backup card and do minor updates to them as needed since those card like to fail often right? where those who are using the pce card and sd2vita card then it kinda make sense to want to use both.

I'm actually glad that this will be nothing like sky3ds, charging $90 - $120 per chip...

These are like $3 a piece to make them yourself since it's only a bare pcb and all the work is done via henkaku.
I cant remember why but I think it was the requirement or software jump that was require to make it work, which made it cost 60+ for any that work on the 3ds. Although in the PSP/PSVita scene ..... almost everything was at no cost or very little cost for the hardware...lol

Last edited by Primula,

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually glad that this will be nothing like sky3ds, charging $90 - $120 per chip...

These are like $3 a piece to make them yourself since it's only a bare pcb and all the work is done via henkaku.

I'm actually waiting to get a quote on PCBs back from a few places. Only bad thing is that xyzz's original design uses 1mm boards and I had problems finding a place that would print them.

yoshimashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm glad too lol I wasted $90 on it just because I didn't enjoy carrying around my games. 2 months later, I discovered that someone posted a way to get CFW on the N3DS. >_>

Reactions: Tony_93

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can modify the plugin however you wish to mount your 3g-to-SD or GC-to-SD to any mount point. However, since apps only run from ux0: without app.db modification, which would just be a huge pain in the ass, there really wouldn't be a reason to have 3 disks mounted. -maybe- 2 if you want to use your Sony Card for apps and then an SD for ROMs and retro stuff... but my advice is don't hold on to your Sony MCs just because you paid a lot for them... don't let your buyers remorse hold you back from just getting a 128GB SD and letting it mount as ux0: and be done with it :P

Reactions: barak06

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant remember why but I think it was the requirement or software jump that was require to make it work, which made it cost 60+ for any that work on the 3ds. Although in the PSP/PSVita scene ..... almost everything was at no cost or very little cost for the hardware...lol

Nope, Sky3ds was not costly because of the software needed, they costed a shit ton of money because they had no competition so they could jack the price as high as they wanted to.

I mean there was Gateway but people had to have an outdated firmware and run an exploit for it to run, a big portion of people just want to pirate and don't care a bit about CFW's, so they'll just pay a higher price for a hassle free solution which Sky3ds offered.

Then Sk3ds+ was $40 more expensive... Why? Because they could charge people more...

Reactions: wormdood

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, Sky3ds was not costly because of the software needed, they costed a shit ton of money because they had no competition so they could jack the price as high as they wanted to.

I mean there was Gateway but people had to have an outdated firmware and run an exploit for it to run, a big portion of people just want to pirate and don't care a bit about CFW's, so they'll just pay a higher price for a hassle free solution which Sky3ds offered.

Then Sk3ds+ was $40 more expensive... Why? Because they could charge people more...
I vaguely remember something like that from a post but I guess that post was just bsing lol your make more sense.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by chaoskagami,

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by zfreeman,
Reactions: RivenMain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...