Hacking Micro SD corrupted? Some advice would be great...

skweebl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody. A little while ago I was playing Pokemon Yellow in Lameboy on my R4. I saved my game and exited so it would record the save, when the emulator froze. The screen eventually went blank so I turned off my DS and when I turned it back on, the DS would not read my R4. I tried several times to no avail. I loaded the SD card on my PC to find that several files now had corrupted names and were 3.5gb large (my SD card is only 2gb), and I can't delete or rename them. I started copying what I could to my PC to try and salvage some saves before I format the card but some of the other non-GBC related files were also corrupt. I really lost a lot of data (and hard work). I didn't expect this to happen.

Can anybody tell me exactly what happened, and what I can do to prevent it in the future? The card isn't finished formatting yet so I don't know if that's fixed it, but I've heard that formatting SD cards periodically is recommended. Is there truth to this?

I'm using the new Wood RPG 1.04 firmware with a real R4 (not a clone). The Lameboy version was 1.12, if that's relevant. I've had the R4 for about 6 or 7 months now, and this is my first time reformatting it. I guess my point is, do any of you more experienced users have any insight at all into what happened, and perhaps what I can do in the future to prevent the loss of so much hard work? My apologies for the rambling. I'm just really upset that I lost so much, particularly that Pokemon Yellow save I put so much time into the past several days.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Something like this happened to me on my 16 gig sandisk, fortunately I had a back-up. I sent the card back to them like 2 months ago but I still didn't get it back
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging