kire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lee1978 said:
kire said:
do you think i should start a new thread and organize this as a proper review and test type thing.
unsure.gif
Kire, I think that would be a good idea. But how about having what doesnt work as well as well at what does work.

yeah thats what i was thinking, actually test things out and find out what will and what will not work

but i was thinking why make a thread on one adapter (this makes me fell like i am forcing people to get this one which i am only informing) i will gladly put info of other memory adapters if someone provides it

also, what would i name the thread? "Cr-5400 help" or "Micro sd(hc) adapter help" but this is the only adapter i have.

Just help me come up with a decent name, i will make a new thread and sort it out later.
1 Make it just cr-5400 or
2 make it a general info for micro sd(hc) to Memory stick adapters
3 Name of thread

ConJ

The Toker
OP
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Id just call it - The CR-5400 Micro SD(HC) adapter help thread. And it should probably be just for this adapter. Unless other adapters work exactly the same.

Seishi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got one of these with 2 x kingston 8GB micro SDHC (class 4) filled it up with games, but found that "Samurai Showdown Anthology" and "The King of Fighters - The Orochi Saga" doesn't work. They get stuck on loading and even quitting using the home button doesn't work, only pulling out the battery work. Has anyone else had success with these 2 games?

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seishi said:
Got one of these with 2 x kingston 8GB micro SDHC (class 4) filled it up with games, but found that "Samurai Showdown Anthology" and "The King of Fighters - The Orochi Saga" doesn't work. They get stuck on loading and even quitting using the home button doesn't work, only pulling out the battery work. Has anyone else had success with these 2 games?

I can't help. Just wanted to ask if the same cso/iso runs fine on a normal memory stick or single Pro Duo adaptor?

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had the adapter for several months now- purchased it as soon as I found it online (think I paid Close to $30 =^\ ). I had some problems with it at first, on a slim (I guess you can just click on my name to find those threads?), but then got it quickly tested/replaced, and it works AMAZING- close to 16GB with two Class 6 8GB cards (A Data), and everything works Great (CFW, csos, isos, CPS1, 2, and NeoGeo emulators...as well as Nester, and that 'mmcm test 5' snes emulator, of course). It writes and reads faster than my 4GB ProDuo card.

Now all I want are Class 6 16GB microsd cards (also, for them to exist) so I can live like a (pirate)King! If you're on the fence, Stop that and buy it.

^^ Haven't tried those particular games, but I'm waiting for the U versions anyhow (at least for SS Anthology).

Seishi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thesaint08 said:
Seishi said:

I can't help. Just wanted to ask if the same cso/iso runs fine on a normal memory stick or single Pro Duo adaptor?

Did some tinkering, removed the cards, swapped the positions, reformatted with the psp, and now the games work.

So yes, i can report now that they work
yaypsp.gif

YeeHaH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
has anyone got one of these to work over 16gig. i got no problem with 2 * 8 gig but i recently purchased a 16 gig and doesnt work with the 8gig at the same time. i was thinking it might be the psp firmware cant handle more than 16gig. i runnin 5.00 m33-4. i have tried every form of format and swapping card positions etc already. when both cards are in i either get "no memory stick" or swapped positions i get 14gig free which is only reading the 16gig card.

kire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YeeHaH said:
has anyone got one of these to work over 16gig. i got no problem with 2 * 8 gig but i recently purchased a 16 gig and doesnt work with the 8gig at the same time. i was thinking it might be the psp firmware cant handle more than 16gig. i runnin 5.00 m33-4. i have tried every form of format and swapping card positions etc already. when both cards are in i either get "no memory stick" or swapped positions i get 14gig free which is only reading the 16gig card.
i am waiting on ordering the 16 gb cards so i cant help you directly, But are the cards you using both from the same brand? (not sure if it matters)

I will have a new thread up some time next week, dont think i left it in the air for those of you who are wondering.
blink.gif
unsure.gif

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i got one from DX, only cost 4 bucks, and works like a charm, my only gripe is that the initial loading on the main menu seems a bit slow (like it takes 2-3 seconds, while a Pro Duo loads instantly, AND the fact im using a kingston in it), aside from that its fine, and loads pretty quickly ingame/other stuff.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob119900 said:
I don't see the point. What's wrong with just buying a memory stick?

If you have the cash to drop on it, more power to ya, but i got an 8 gig MicroSDHC for $15 and the adapter for $7, so i spent less than $25 for it, as opposed to... $50 for an 8gig memory stick? With that, as soon as the 16 gigs become cheaper, i can drop cash on that rather than a larger memory stick. Also, carrying a couple of extra 2gig micros around (that came free with things) can hold a bit more than dropping huge bucks on a larger memory stick.

YeeHaH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
has anyone got the adapter to work with 2*16 gig =32gig or even a 16gig+8gig because i cant get any other card to work with my 16 gig except for a 256mb from out my mobile. im just thinking maybe psp cant recognise over 16gig

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the photofast dual microSD slots to Pro Duo. It's great. No problems with it so far. 16gb of memory.
biggrin.gif

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YeeHaH said:
has anyone got the adapter to work with 2*16 gig =32gig or even a 16gig+8gig because i cant get any other card to work with my 16 gig except for a 256mb from out my mobile. im just thinking maybe psp cant recognise over 16gig

What firmware are you on?

What capacity cards have you tried?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1