Micro sd card to MS pro duo dual slot adapter

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by ConJ, Jan 1, 2009.

Jan 1, 2009
  1. ConJ
    OP

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom

2. AndreXL

Member AndreXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
    I have a non SDHC adapter so I can only use up to 2GB.
    It worked on the PSP.

3. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I really wanted tto get one of these because nowadays 8Gb MicroSDHC are a lot cheaper than 8Gb MS Pro Duo.

4. thesaint08

Newcomer thesaint08 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I haven't used one of these dual Micro SD adaptors personally, but I understand that they work perfectly fine.

I use a regular Micro SDHC to pro duo adaptor. 8GB costs approx £13 (£10 for Micro SD card/£3 for adaptor)compared to £21 for a regular Pro Duo.

5. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Oh crap, there is a difference between the SDHC ones and stuff? I better make sure I ordered the right one off DX!

6. kire

Newcomer kire Member

United States
    well i ordered a Cr 5400 photofast adapter, the one with two microsdhc slots, on dec 20 and it should be here friday, i will test it out and post back some time tomorrow with more details.

7. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Damn that's fucking sweet, dual adapter. I could get another 8GBsince I already have one, sweet. [​IMG]

So anyone know if these are on DX, I searched, but I'm not good at searching. xD

8. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    I don't think that DX carries the dual adapter, but I haven't conducted a full search either. Of what I managed to see, they only carry the single one.

9. kire

Newcomer kire Member

United States
    Photofast cr-5400 MINI REVIEW (white model)
    ok so i got the adapter and here are my results. it is called Photofast cr-5400 with two microsdhc one 8gb and one 4 gb(12 GB total), and i am using it with a phat psp

all my plugins work fine, cxmb, cwcheat, remotejoy, and game category(v3) plugin

games have no slow down PSP or PSX

when i select the memory card and press info it said Magic gate UNKNOWN (dont know if that is important)
    my real memory card said Magic gate SUPPORTED

so far the only homebrew i have in ultimate PSPtube 1.6 and it works perfectly.

CAUTION form my research before i purchased the adapter i read somewhere that you can break the adapter when in use with the PSP Phat, but it is ok if you take the memory card out before you turn it on (the psp phat has more power so it could fry the delicate circuits or something like that)
    i do not want to test this so i just follow the instructions, if some one has had this happen to them please post here for confirmation or to say thats not true

Edit: the caution still stands but i tried turning it on with the memory stick still pluged in with no problem.
    EDIT 2: UPDATE 1-5-09 tried out MUSIC.PRX and it is buggy in the vsh and in games

PS
    do you think i should start a new thread and organize this as a proper review and test type thing. [​IMG]

10. Kbs

Member Kbs GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Rather than making a new thread, I'll ask here. Can you make an MMS using a microSD card with an adapter? Or does it have to be an actual memory stick.

11. ConJ
    OP

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Thanks for your replies (Nice work Kire), i think i might try 1 out.

12. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It has to be a normal Memory Stick Pro(Duo), and it has to have MagicGate support. Online ones may say this, but people report they aren't. These MicroSD>MS aren't able to support MagicGate, I'm pretty sure of that. Just get a cheap 512MB one. [​IMG]

13. thesaint08

Newcomer thesaint08 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I have never previously done it with a Micro SD card, but just this minute tried it and it, and it doesn't seem to work

You don't need to have a MagicGate supported Pro Duo, as the fake ones have been able to do it for a long while.
    You need a card that is 128mb+

14. scootmcfly

Member scootmcfly Advanced Member

United States
    Could you please post a link for DX dual adapter. I could not find it. Thank You.

15. kire

Newcomer kire Member

United States
    Updated my mini review type thingy
    Do you guys think i should start a proper thread on the adapter, where people tell me to try plugins and homebrew to see if this thing works for everything [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Just a tip. When you have one microSD inserted, insert a second one even if it's only 128mb 'cause it runs faster when there's two microSDs inside. I plan to order the adapter soon as well.

17. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I was looking at one of these a few months back. I still want one now. As soon as i knew i was getting a PSP (for xmas) i just ordered a regular microsdhc -> mspd off of newegg w/ a 4 gig card. (then, as soon as Wife® got her Blackberry Storm from her folks for xmas, i swapped my 4gig out for the 8gig microsdhc that came w/ her phone. What?! Its not like she'll ever use that much space! DONT YOU JUDGE ME! oh, also, she said it was cool if i did that [​IMG])

But i'm still looking at this dual adapter.

18. Blfdgfdghd

Banned Blfdgfdghd Banned

Canada
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16489 only 10 dollars other places sell for 30

19. ConJ
    OP

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Well, ive taken the leap and ordered one. Ive got plenty of micro sd cards around the house so i didnt need to order any of them. Ill post my thoughts on the device when ive used it.

And Kire, I think that would be a good idea. But how about having what doesnt wotk as well as well at what does work.

On a different note, does anybody know how long DX take to ship to the UK?

20. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    About a week.