• Start date
  • Views 1,686
  • Replies 13
P

pasc

OP
Hey guys,

I got a strange thing over here:

I was bored and decided to play some Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, then after I had enough I stopped playing it and shut down my DS.
Then I wantet to shut on again to have a look at my other games, and BOOM it freezed at the loading screen.

I thought it might be just my M3 simply or my Micro SD not inserted properly, but it changed nothing.

Next I popped the Micro SD into my Micro SD to SD Adapter (which is connected to my PC using a Cardreader) but it did behave really stange, the reading LED just flashes and if I open the Drive which my SD Adapter is normally located then the Window freezes.

The last thing I did was using the USB Reader that came packaged with my M3 Simply, but again, failure, just a flashing LED.

I think my Micro SD is faulty, because if I do my M3 Simply itself into the DS then it gives me the normal:

Couldn't find the SD/TF card.

The thing that REALLY bugs me is that I did do not more than turning my DS off and then on again...

Man hope I find a new Micro SD soon.

Any tips to get my next Micro SD life longer ? My current one did only life 7 Months.... wonder if there is anything I'm doing wrong...

But at least no important saves got lost, I all backed them up on my PC 2 days ago.

Greets:

Pas

P

pasc

OP
That sounds like a plausible explanation. I did only format it 2 times in that whole 7 monthe anyway, so I guess there should have been much fragments around there, so if there are much fragments => not much space, and saving my cause corruption ?

So keeping the card a lil bit more empty should fix this for my next card ? Thanks for your help !

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hey guys,

I got a strange thing over here:

I was bored and decided to play some Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, then after I had enough I stopped playing it and shut down my DS.
Then I wantet to shut on again to have a look at my other games, and BOOM it freezed at the loading screen.

I thought it might be just my M3 simply or my Micro SD not inserted properly, but it changed nothing.

Next I popped the Micro SD into my Micro SD to SD Adapter (which is connected to my PC using a Cardreader) but it did behave really stange, the reading LED just flashes and if I open the Drive which my SD Adapter is normally located then the Window freezes.

The last thing I did was using the USB Reader that came packaged with my M3 Simply, but again, failure, just a flashing LED.

I think my Micro SD is faulty, because if I do my M3 Simply itself into the DS then it gives me the normal:

Couldn't find the SD/TF card.

The thing that REALLY bugs me is that I did do not more than turning my DS off and then on again...

Man hope I find a new Micro SD soon.

Any tips to get my next Micro SD life longer ? My current one did only life 7 Months.... wonder if there is anything I'm doing wrong...

But at least no important saves got lost, I all backed them up on my PC 2 days ago.

Greets:

Pas
Same happened with me before... what microSD are you used?

Lucky you you backed up your saves 2 days ago...
frown.gif

P

pasc

OP
Uhm... I can't reformat it, my PC doesn't recognize it...

I used a Kingston, and now I try to get a refund. I e-mailed them and got a reply @ the same day ! Kingston rox !

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is your SD card is visible in Windows (I assume you're using windows) ???

I mean if you put it in the USB reader that came with M3 simpy, then put it in your PC, does it show up under "my computer"?

I'll assume it does because you said if you click it it freezes right?

So, instead of clicking the icon in my computer, right click it and choose format. Then follow the instructions & it should format.

If im not mistaken, formatting will fix it, even if the header 0 is destroyed.

As I always say, I might be wrong
ph34r.gif

P

pasc

OP
Guy ! I know how to format... I already said, I couldn't see it anywhere cause it wasn't recocnized by my PC (nor the M3 Simply).

Anyway, thanx !

BTW: I sent my Micro SD to Kingston, let's hope I get a new one soon !

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You had to pay the shipping when you sent it right ?

I was thinking of sending my A-Data for a replacement but with the shipping cost I could get a new one, I thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo