Gaming Micro Machines v4

DJBurkey

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
I feel like I'm the only person really looking forward to this. I'm just hoping its as good as Micro Machines 2 was, but its probably gonna be more like v3, in fact almost certainly gonna be. All the same, I hope its ace, the DS needs a good top down racer
laugh.gif

Any idea what the correct release date is for US? Yesasia say its out, Lik Sang says 31st July... The undumped DS thread says 14th July for Europe which is completely wrong (its scheduled for September in EU I think). I'm eagerly awaiting this being dumped, and if its good I'll have an order on yesasia straight away
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking forward to this as well: Micro Machines (the version with 2 ports in the cart) is one of my fondest Megadrive memories along with 2 player Streets of Rage (2).

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a strange franchise to get resurrected, but heck, I'm in. I'll give the new PC version a spin and see if that's indicative of how the NDS version might be..

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn’t think much of it, until I saw them review it on G4-TV.
And it looks like it’s going to be a blast, with all kinds of crazy tracks.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got the PS2 version. What's weird is that the PC version is on a DVD with a file size of 1.something gig (RAR-ed) and the PS2 version fits on a normal CD. I'm not very impressed. Very bland looking game and I just don't enjoy it. I loved V2 and V3 was pretty good, but this was just bad...
frown.gif

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played the SNES version to death with 4 players and a multi tap. Great fun. I'm looking forward to this one. Micro Machine always been about multiplayer, lets hope they get this one right.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got this for the PS2 a week or so back, I absolutely loved the old MM games (Turbo Tournament '96 FTW!) so had to check this out!
The console versions are pretty budgety (i.e. naff) on first impressions, long loading times, no music etc...
Single player kinda blows; it gets boring quick. However, multiplayer is good fun; just like classic MM. Too bad you have to play through single player to unlock the tracks for multiplayer mind you >_>.

Play.com have the UK/EU release for 29th September, but I have heard other sources stating it'd be out earlier than that such as late July. probably won't be out for a while yet I guess...

frown.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I played the original micro machines to death on the amiga. Hopefully this'll be as playable on the DS. Though I can't see why it couldn't have been released on the GBA, unless they're planning some sort of update from the top view.

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, on the ds they can use 3d which makes it look prettier and easier to port

the pc version of this game is great (not as great as 1&2) specially online, so i'm kinda waiting for the ds version so i can play it on the go too

TomIsADeftone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not looking good for the DS release of this game,

Nobody seems to know when it's gonna be out, It was initially to be released with the other platform versions, but got pushed back a week, then back to October, I've now checked play.com(the only place i can find a release date) and it's telling me the 29th of December,

All this despite the UK's Official Nintendo Magazine reviewing it in October's(released September) issue.

TomIsADeftone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is now out in europe and has been since the 29th of Dec but it hasn't been dumped yet, im hoping that it's jst cause of the Xmas slowdown.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described