Hardware Mic not working in CS GO

Lindacrawford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played counter strike back in the early to mid 2000's and decided to pick it back up earlier this year. Found a killer deal on a high end rig locally and immediately installed Steam and downloaded CS GO. I have over 100 hours so far and recently started playing competitive and I am hooked. One problem.....my mic does not work. I have searched the internet for hours and I have tried everything I can think of. I have played with all the sound settings in windows and it doesn't matter what I change, the mic works perfect in Windows test and through the in game test but I get nothing while playing. When I hit the button to chat the icon pops up but it does not pick anything up. Below is a description of my PC and what I have tried

i7 4770k
MSI z87 Mpower Mboard with realtek HD audio
16gb ram
GTX 780 video card
started on windows 8.1 but I am currently running windows 10 The switch to windows 10 was an attempt to fix the mic issues.

I have tried three different headsets, Skullcandy Playr1 wireless, Logitech G35 wired and the 3.5 earbud/mic that comes with the PS4

I am at a loss! I bought this PC strictly to play CS GO and bought another headset, a new operating system and nothing seems to work. I have tried adding/editing a number of items in the cfg.config file and nothing fixes it. My next option is to try and buy a seperate sound card assuming there is some sort of conflict with the on board audio and steam but I do not want to keep throwing money at the problem as that has not worked so far.

I have come across a number of posts on different forums with similar problems but never a solution.

Playing competitive without a mic is frustrating.....PLEASE HELP!

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
boot up cs go with your Logitech plugged in alt tab out, right click on your speaker icon in your system tray and click open sound settings, scroll to the bottom to Advanced sound settings and click App volume device preferences Find CS go from the list and change the output (bottom option) to the Logitech
upload_2021-4-9_14-47-34.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1