Newcomer

United States

What'd you do to change environment path? I'm having same problem

2. ewin00

ewin00 GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
  3. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Music sounds much better, no more crackling with the updated file at post #20.

Just a tip, edit the 3_wav2mca_mhx.bat and remove the --mhx or else it won't output correctly. I used Audacity, Effect, Amplify option and entered -5, the music isn't that loud and comparable to the tracks ingame.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  4. 1NSaNe

OP 1NSaNe Member
    Newcomer

Edited first message with all new stuff. IF you keep having problems post here and ill try to solve.

5. Kromlech

Kromlech Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm trying to replace the deviant music, which I figured was "bgm_em_Named.mca".
    However it's not working, and I'm not even sure which step was the point of failure.

First, drag and drop is straight up non-functional. I had to open a command window and type the Bat followed by the filename of the wav.

3_wav2mca_mhx.bat [filename].wav​

This starts up the wav2DSP converter, but then the MCAtool.py has an error.

I had to remove the --mhx argument from the .bat, because it kept failing at that point every time I tried it.

usage: mcatool.py [-h] [-v] input [input ...]
    mcatool.py: error: unrecognized arguments: --mhx
    Not sure why it's an unrecognized argument. Is there a file I'm missing that isn't included in the MHtools download?

Also, the path I put my MCA is:

/mhxx/arc/sound/bgm/battle/wav/bgm_em_Named.mca

Is that not correct? I assume the deviant theme is the one called "named" because in Japan they are "two-named" monsters. No other filename looks like it would fit.

I tried both suggestions in post 22 and post 23 and neither create a working MCA for me.

So to summarize:
    I don't know why my drag and drop isn't working, even though my environment variables are correct. Typing it into CMD the hard way can start the bat, though.
    I don't know why it can't recognize "--MHX" as an argument. Missing file?
    I don't know if that's the right path and filename to replace the deviant battle theme.

6. imadeanaccountjustforthis

Newcomer

Is it possible to loop audio using these tools? While I'd love to replace some of the tunes, I'd hate for the music to not actually loop and cut out in the middle of a hunt, for example.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  7. cdash451

cdash451 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    anyone know the mca file name for valfalk?

8. Ryxian

Ryxian Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Alright so I've managed to find a way to create MCAs reliably. You have to run the WAV through the wav2dsp app in /tools/, and then drag the WAV or the DSP into the mcatool python file, also in /tools/. This will leave you with a WAV, DSP, and MCA file of the song.
    Also, is it possible to replace textures and sound effects and other stuff in the game? Just for fun of course.

9. Ryxian

Ryxian Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Except it doesn't seem to work.

10. 1NSaNe

OP 1NSaNe Member
    Newcomer

Put it outside arc folder, like this:
    /mhxx/sound/bgm/battle/wav/bgm_em_Named.mca

11. Kromlech

Kromlech Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah ha, yes that was it. Moving it made it work. Thank you very much!

Also would you happen to know the path and name to replace the LR/HR gathering hall song?

12. Kromlech

Kromlech Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone know what songs correspond to the following file names, shown here:

Mid01
    Mid02

I have no idea what these are. I made a mid01 mca but I can't find in game where it's supposed to play.

Yukumo
    Cocotte
    Pokke

The obvious answer is the 3 returning villages, but it's not replacing the music in Yukumo for me, with a properly named and placed file, so I don't think that's it. (and why would village BGM be in the battle folder?)

Map01 though map24. Has anyone mapped out which is which? I would think these are the songs that play for a monster that doesn't have a theme of its own on a given map, but I don't know which number corresponds to which map.

And again, if anybody knows how to swap the LR meeting hall BGM, I'd love to know it.

13. Overt Ninja

Overt Ninja Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a way to increase the audio on some tracks? Sounds fine on my computer but in game it's a little bit quieter.

14. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Look at my previous reply but instead of using a negative number, use a positive one to make it louder.

15. Kibido

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    I'm trying to edit the quest clear bgm but it doesn't loop, and I don't understand how the looping works in general since the original tune abruptly cuts off at 45 seconds anyway.

I'd like to then work on the Kokoto village and the found item bgm. The latter is an arc file; I've found a tool to unpack it into an mca but I can't find anything to repack it back into an arc. Any ideas?
    Also wondering how I'm going to make the village bgm loop properly. Either there's a way or I'll just make a 5 hour version.

16. dasding

dasding GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    i updated the mod tools to rev06, which now supports looping, you will need to know the sample number of the start and the end of the loop (e.g. can find them with audacity)

usage:
    wav2dsp.exe wavefile
    python mcatool.py -mhx -ls 0 -le 0 wavefile

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  17. Kibido

Italy
    Thank you for the updates. My lazy ass wonders if there's anything wrong with just making 1 hour loops of all the stuff we edit, instead of neatly finding the loop sample numbers.

18. dasding

dasding GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    the RAM of your 3ds is limited ;)

it's pretty easy with audacity to find the numbers:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  19. Kibido

Italy
    All good with the looping.

About the found item sound? It's in romfs/arc/sound/rt_j02.arc, and once extracted it's item_gets.mca. How exactly do I repack it back into an arc?

20. tuksoil

tuksoil Newbie
    Newcomer

I just edited the "3_wav2mca_mhx.bat" so that i can convert the WAV into MCA.
    It did convert the WAV file but it's not an MCA file though, it became .DSP instead.
    question is, is this the same as .MCA? so i can just rename it? I'm stuck with this.
    Thanks in advance.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Playlist, Jukebox, [MHXX]