ares9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Worked great.

Saved me 200 hours lol

Thank you!

Edit: Discovered one of my weapons is glitched or something after converting. A Hunting Horn, selecting it causes my game to freeze. And some of my registered sets in Equipment Sets menu causes game to freeze also.

The Japanese DLC that got removed from MHGen is:

- a Hunting Horn that looks like a frying pan with an egg
- Fake Tama armors (these use the same special item than the HH to be crafted)
- Salmon Fillet Palico Gear
- Monster HUnter Stories palico gear
- Macross Palico Gear

The rest of the Japanese DLC got localized, probably that's what is giving you a hard time

fishrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
U need to put the system file in the same folder as the .exe files. Create a folder and put everything into it. Had the same problem and managed to figure it out. Works like a charm. Looks like all the time i spent playing MHX has been put to good use. Thanks OP for this!

homefryguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to import my save by going to "Import ExtData" right? There is an error whenever I select the "Import Save" option.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have to import my save by going to "Import ExtData" right? There is an error whenever I select the "Import Save" option.
Nevermind it was "Import Extdata". I got my Cross save on there but it replaced the Gen save I started but that's no big deal.

Mikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvm. it worked. but my name is ??? coz it was in japanese. how can i change it to a real name? :(

grimmjark

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My friends doesnt appear online,they create a gathering hall and i cant see their online status,can somebody help please?(sorry for my bad english btw)

Tzuba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friends doesnt appear online,they create a gathering hall and i cant see their online status,can somebody help please?(sorry for my bad english btw)

Are these Japanese friends? Cause you won't be able to play with them anymore.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nvm. it worked. but my name is ??? coz it was in japanese. how can i change it to a real name? :(

If you didn't name your character something in english in MHX, you can't change it. There might be some save editor with this feature but if not, you're stuck with it.

zacnut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found putting the "system" file in the same folder as cgen.exe, then dragging onto cgen.exe fixed the crashing issues

Also I would love if this program removed all DLC and content not available in MHGen, had to save edit to change names of a few things.

Edit: Use this to change character and cat names https://mega.nz/#!w9lDCTwI!M3H9cOngwvwEmaoASAIN_OhNxotshatnaLbd5aGC9VA
Link from MHX save editing thread.
(The second from the top)
Also change tabs in the save editor before you "save and exit" as it dosent always save properly + remove spaces from file path e.g. Change "New folder" to "NewFolder".
I'm pretty sure you can use this after converting, but I recommend using before conversion.

Last edited by zacnut,

Silvius78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do I have to be on custom firmware to do this or it can work on ofw ?

If its cfw only, can someone do it for me then send me the save ?

Tzuba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I have to be on custom firmware to do this or it can work on ofw ?

If its cfw only, can someone do it for me then send me the save ?

If you want to use JKSM you need cfw. Not sure if it'll work with any other save data manager, because I couldn't even open MHX with any other save manager. Might have just been my system though.

zacnut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used the latest FBI, it lets you browse to extdata and copy to SD, and it actually shows up as monster hunter X as opposed to "00001554". I guess the non CIA version would work.

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use JKSM you need cfw. Not sure if it'll work with any other save data manager, because I couldn't even open MHX with any other save manager. Might have just been my system though.
Don't make me regret this guys, but you can bypass the ID check performed by holding L + R while the 3DSX boots. Target a title it can run with, hold L + R, and you will have the same menu the CIA version has. Since MHX/MHG save to extdata you can access their data this way. It will NOT be able to open saves this way, but ExtData is fine.

Mikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found putting the "system" file in the same folder as cgen.exe, then dragging onto cgen.exe fixed the crashing issues

Also I would love if this program removed all DLC and content not available in MHGen, had to save edit to change names of a few things.

Edit: Use this to change character and cat names https://mega.nz/#!w9lDCTwI!M3H9cOngwvwEmaoASAIN_OhNxotshatnaLbd5aGC9VA
Link from MHX save editing thread.
(The second from the top)
Also change tabs in the save editor before you "save and exit" as it dosent always save properly + remove spaces from file path e.g. Change "New folder" to "NewFolder".
I'm pretty sure you can use this after converting, but I recommend using before conversion.

you're the best. super thanks. <3

Reactions: zacnut

Navapon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi I am a noob here. I have 3 3DS now
1st one is N3DSLL JP playing MHX with OFW 11.XX
2nd one is N3DSXL US playing MHGEN with OFW 11.XX
3rd one is 3DS CFW JP
I copied MHX save from the 1st one and tried to use JKSM to export extdata, but JKSM is fail. any idea or work around for this. All I want is just convert my save from MHX on JP to MHGEN on US.
Please help

CrypicGardevoir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It keeps giving me the error for the path does not exist is there something im doing wrong? And if someone could can someone convert it for me if they had no idea whats the issue? Heres the file.

Attachments

• system.zip
    256.8 KB · Views: 206

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay