ROM Hack MHX Save Editing

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's possible to inject modified DLC into the savefile.
The offsets for the DLC files are calculated using this formula:
0xEA1A + n * 0x1400 with n >= 0. The first 4 bytes are the quest id as an int. The next 4 bytes are also an int, but I have no idea what these are for, maybe the length of the quest file? i'd have to take a look at that once we have the new key :)

And the rest of this is the decrypted DLC file. Just extract it, unpack it, edit it, repack it, inject it. And you're done.
It's kind of messy, the Proxy method is way easier, since you don't need to reinject your save every time, but it works.

Also, i'd recomment having the original DLC downloaded before injecting a modded DLC file, I have no idea if there are any other keys to test if there is a dlc file supposed to be.

Last edited by Deleted member 369977,

Kaizerfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful to edit Talisman on the editor.
9fWYSJ9.png
Does talisman editing work yet? Also, it doesn't seem like those columns are labeled correctly. Skill 1 and skill 1 value seem right, but it looks like the slot column you labeled is actually the skill 2 column and skill 2 value should be 2 over, judging from the top line. Nevermind, I'm wrong about that. :P

Last edited by Kaizerfreak,

MarkyMarkFunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This question has more to do with how to move the save data from a NA 3DS to a Japanese 3DS.

So I first played MHX on Homebrew through region free launcher. Without thinking I was getting a Japanese 3DS. Well now that I have one I wanna transfer my save to my Japanese 3DS.
I've been trying to figure out how to do it on my own the past 2 days and haven't been able to do it. I have homebrew on both of the 3DS I own, I have tried most of the tools on this thread. Now I'm
just looking for the solution online. Any help?

I have 10.3 FW on my NA 3DS, and the MHX save I'm trying to transfer was made on the not updated version of the game.
I have 10.3 FW on my JPN 3DS, and I have MHX updated with the new patch. (Perhaps this is why my original save wont show up? Can't be sure.)

Jan Tan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This question has more to do with how to move the save data from a NA 3DS to a Japanese 3DS.

So I first played MHX on Homebrew through region free launcher. Without thinking I was getting a Japanese 3DS. Well now that I have one I wanna transfer my save to my Japanese 3DS.
I've been trying to figure out how to do it on my own the past 2 days and haven't been able to do it. I have homebrew on both of the 3DS I own, I have tried most of the tools on this thread. Now I'm
just looking for the solution online. Any help?

I have 10.3 FW on my NA 3DS, and the MHX save I'm trying to transfer was made on the not updated version of the game.
I have 10.3 FW on my JPN 3DS, and I have MHX updated with the new patch. (Perhaps this is why my original save wont show up? Can't be sure.)
Read the first post at the top.

Delegacy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my savefile isnt on my sdcard, its in my old backup file, is there anyway i can take it from there and inject it to my cia MHX?

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hello guys, could you please answer me some questions regarding this save?

I have been playing this on a 10.3 JP N3DS since I never knew this save wasn't stored in the cart, now I need to make a backup of it because I want to downgrade the 10.3 system.

I also have a 4.5 system where can do the homebrew stuff, I tried to copy the extdata (00001554) to the SD card of this 3DS but naturally savedatafiler says the data is broken.

Is there a way I can backup this save in another 3DS from where it was originally made? I don't want to downgrade the 10.3 system where the save is before making a backup.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
hello guys, could you please answer me some questions regarding this save?

I have been playing this on a 10.3 JP N3DS since I never knew this save wasn't stored in the cart, now I need to make a backup of it because I want to downgrade the 10.3 system.

I also have a 4.5 system where can do the homebrew stuff, I tried to copy the extdata (00001554) to the SD card of this 3DS but naturally savedatafiler says the data is broken.

Is there a way I can backup this save in another 3DS from where it was originally made? I don't want to downgrade the 10.3 system where the save is before making a backup.

enable homebrew on both console. first launch MHX and generate empty saves on your old 3ds.
then launch extdata_dump to restore your saves.

Triple Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I try to drag the mib file to the reward box editor, it says 'file size is different'. Any idea what s wrong? Stuck at here.

Triple Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

tepacak

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i've been use mhx code editor, when i check on my item box why all of my item that i enter cybercodeapply become all daora claw?? need explanation.

secXsQuared

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just for the record and your convenience, the equipment ID (Chinese editor version) for Load Up +10 head (Barrage Earring) and Mind's Eye +10 head are 0266 and 0265 (might be in the wrong order so get both of them at the same time).

So inside the editor, it looks like
01 0266 06 00 00 00 00 .....
and
01 0265 06 00 00 00 00 .....

Reactions: ServbotMan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!