ROM Hack RELEASE MHGU Save Editor

Entoptical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, seems like the attached file that I download from the 1st post is giving me errors. Im unable to open the .rar file. They said its unknown format or damaged. Anyone can reupload that file?
Rename the file to not have any extension. It's not actually a .rar file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This may be a whole lot to ask from some
But could someone just upload a save that’s maxed out and a easier step by step to edit it as my own. I lost my old save to transfer over and don’t want to start over but start only from where I left off.
The save file in the original post is for mhgu and pretty complete (from where mhgen left off)

Entoptical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks okay but Im stupid. What extension should I rename to? I removed .rar and I cant open anything.
It is weird, the system file is just like a raw document. It is the file you import to your switch with checkpoint or another homebrew save backup tool, so you don't open it on PC by itself. If you want to open the file on PC, you will need the .exe program I posted ( that one is a real .rar file). Don't you just want to load the file to switch and play though? Do you have checkpoint in Homebrew?

Ghackt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rename the file to not have any extension. It's not actually a .rar file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The save file in the original post is for mhgu and pretty complete (from where mhgen left off)

Is there a video guide on how to successfully do this for switch?

bennie85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
It is weird, the system file is just like a raw document. It is the file you import to your switch with checkpoint or another homebrew save backup tool, so you don't open it on PC by itself. If you want to open the file on PC, you will need the .exe program I posted ( that one is a real .rar file). Don't you just want to load the file to switch and play though? Do you have checkpoint in Homebrew?
yea I downloaded the MHGUsaveeditor.rar attachment but I kept getting an error. I don't see the .exe file anywhere because I couldn't open that attachment that I downloaded. I tried it on my laptop as well as another desktop and both return me an error of a damaged file. I wanted just the .exe file to edit my current game. haha..

Entoptical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea I downloaded the MHGUsaveeditor.rar attachment but I kept getting an error. I don't see the .exe file anywhere because I couldn't open that attachment that I downloaded. I tried it on my laptop as well as another desktop and both return me an error of a damaged file. I wanted just the .exe file to edit my current game. haha..
Is there a video guide on how to successfully do this for switch?
here is the editor and a sample save file without any confusion. just download and use.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zkrQOaxu2b2m_O12GfgNbXzo0g_CJjTW?usp=sharing

Reactions: Ace001

Keno77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there :)
Im a little bit confused, can I use your modded tool just to save edit my MHGU file on my switch for some charms for example?
And what do I need to do that? Install homwbrew on my switch, then Checkpoint and with this I could use your editing tool, correct?

And do you know how I can get my MHGU file from my switch to my sd cart?

Entoptical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there :)
Im a little bit confused, can I use your modded tool just to save edit my MHGU file on my switch for some charms for example?
And what do I need to do that? Install homwbrew on my switch, then Checkpoint and with this I could use your editing tool, correct?

And do you know how I can get my MHGU file from my switch to my sd cart?
Yeah once in Homebrew, load checkpoint. Choose backup save then put your sd card on your PC and open the file in your checkpoint MHGU folder called "system". Charm editing must reflect real charms to work (link to post with details in main post).

Then save your new save and open checkpoint again and ''restore" the edited save

Keno77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah once in Homebrew, load checkpoint. Choose backup save then put your sd card on your PC and open the file in your checkpoint MHGU folder called "system". Charm editing must reflect real charms to work (link to post with details in main post).

Then save your new save and open checkpoint again and ''restore" the edited save

Yeah, I know this with those legal charms. Did this back on my 3DS for MHGen :)
I just bought a switch so didnt install homebrew by now.

Is it a Problem that my MHGU safe file is on my switch and not on my SD cart?

Entoptical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know this with those legal charms. Did this back on my 3DS for MHGen :)
I just bought a switch so didnt install homebrew by now.

Is it a Problem that my MHGU safe file is on my switch and not on my SD cart?
Nah checkpoint works fine. But you need homebrew so there's always risk of ban :(

Keno77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nah checkpoint works fine. But you need homebrew so there's always risk of ban :(

Are there (real) reports of people who got banned for it? Cant remeber exactly but when I did it on my 3DS it wasnt the case. I dont wanna play online or broke shit, just some nice charms lol.

Z3pphyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, could anybody help me ? i imported the save data from mhxx but when i go to my equipment (in mhgu) the game got freezed and make a strange noise :( i check my item box but i dont see any dlc items

Attachments

• 20180907-221216 Zephyr.rar
    68.9 KB · Views: 215

Keno77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, after a little bit of trying I figured out my switch is one of the newer ones (since July 2018) which are at the moment unhackable.....

JinIce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I try loading my MHGU save from checkpoint and using the editor but it give me an invalid save data why?

Edit: I'm a dumbass download the wrong editor lmao

Last edited by JinIce,

K24

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, can i use this tools to edit my MHGU switch save files?
if its possible, how can i extract my save files from my switch?

Tsebe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The editor is not loading my save and i get errors, can you see what is going on? I transfered my save to switch the official way.

Attachments

• 20180907-190252 Tsebe.rar
    172.2 KB · Views: 235

Keno77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The editor is not loading my save and i get errors, can you see what is going on? I transfered my save to switch the official way.

You need to hack your Switch to install a CFW, for example Homebrew. Then you need a savemanager app for Homebrew like Checkpoint where you can export your MHGU file and edit it with this MHU save file editor. Then you import the edited file back with the savemanager app and your done.

Tsebe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks, i know how to export and re inject a save it is just that i tested a fresh save and it works great on the editor while my transfered save from generations is not it gets stuck at loading save and never loads

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 4k portrait mode?