ROM Hack RELEASE MHGU Save Editor

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found out that dlc palicos need to be removed, the thing is that didnt give me save corruption it worked as intented thank you !!!
it likely was that they were active with a weapon in an armor slot (or vice versa... or an empty weapon slot...). The editor is stupid about reassigning equipped gear to have slot 1 equipped to all 3 slots. What it needs to do is assign palico gear box slot 1 (00) for the weapon and no equipment (FF) to the armor slots

Last edited by iSharingan,

aisaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Found out that dlc palicos need to be removed, the thing is that didnt give me save corruption it worked as intented thank you !!!
Glad it's working for you now.

For some reason all the Japanese DLC palicoes are working on my save so I didn't even think to remove them.

Ncm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I tried to convert my MHXX 3DS save into a MHGU save but when i reimport the converted file and launch the game, I have a black screen.

Do you know what I can do ?

Here's my 3DS save.

Hello, can anyone help me for my pb please ?
Got a black screen after converting my save, and reinjected it.

Thank you in advance for helping me.

Murakur0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT WORKED!
THANKS DUDE! :D

MHG (3DS) [Copy save file] > MHX (3DS) [Paste save] > MHXX (3DS) [Import save {blank game} and copy save] > MHGU (Switch) [Paste save file from 3DSXX using the tool from the post, copy an original save from Switch as Dummy and use a convert tool to transform it MHGU]

Notice: HR will come to 8 for G rank missions to enable it again.

I tried this and it didn't work for me. Except I already had my save on MHXX (3DS), so mine was MHXX (3DS) > MHGU (Switch). It did in fact transform the save file however, when I try to load the game it only gets to a black screen. Any idea what could've happened? Thanks.

Murakur0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this and it didn't work for me. Except I already had my save on MHXX (3DS), so mine was MHXX (3DS) > MHGU (Switch). It did in fact transform the save file however, when I try to load the game it only gets to a black screen. Any idea what could've happened? Thanks.

Nevermind. I got it to work. Had to redo the entire process from scratch starting with my mhgen save. My guess is at some point japanese exclusive content was added to my save data causing problems when porting to mhgu.

Yohuchiha's idea does work but your save cannot have any japanese-only content at all.

Reactions: yohuchiha

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the Editor is buggy with a standard non-converted MHGU save, is there a prebuilt or already converted Save I could use? If yes, is there one early in game? Help appreciated
emoji4.png

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the Editor is buggy with a standard non-converted MHGU save, is there a prebuilt or already converted Save I could use? If yes, is there one early in game? Help appreciated
emoji4.png
I was referring to it being buggy with an existing GenU save. You cant save twice (errors after first save operation), it assigns gear weird if importing palicos, setting the quantity of all item box items renders it unable to save (plus the quantities arent really changed), and several other bugs.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was referring to it being buggy with an existing GenU save. You cant save twice (errors after first save operation), it assigns gear weird if importing palicos, setting the quantity of all item box items renders it unable to save (plus the quantities arent really changed), and several other bugs.

Ok, so how can I use Editor? All I would have is a GenU save. Is there an already converted save I could use?

Ncm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I tried to remove the palico DLC from my 3DS MHXX save but i still got a black screen at the launch of the game (on MHGU switch after i restored the converted save).
Any idea why it isn't working please ?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• mhxx 180903 nocat.zip
    384.3 KB · Views: 194

yohuchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vinnycl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
You are probably using some item that does not yet exist in GU (Or different code).
If you do not know which one, delete all items and Palicos and do this process (Equip. and Palicos).

I just got a case like this.

Do not be afraid to delete all your belongings.
You can put them back (preferably a few) with the save editor.

When I did this process (On 3DS XX) I have used the Ver.1.0

Last edited by yohuchiha,

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. Does anyone have a GU save that was converted from MHXX or whatever that I could use? Prefer early in game for GU if possible. I don't have access to MHXX... Thoughts and help appreciated [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Skeet1983,

yohuchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vinnycl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Nevermind. I got it to work. Had to redo the entire process from scratch starting with my mhgen save. My guess is at some point japanese exclusive content was added to my save data causing problems when porting to mhgu.

Yohuchiha's idea does work but your save cannot have any japanese-only content at all.
Yes.
It work because my file didn't have any DLC or DLC Palico.

I just played the MHG. I didn't play XX. I just imported my MHG to X and imported X to XX.
Files that is suposed to be on X does exist on MHG.
That's the why I don't have any problem to import it.

Some files on XX does not exist on MHGU. Most problems are caused by this.

Zarandra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever i download DLC, and load my character, the game just freezes. Without DLC the game will run just fine, but after i download the event and arena quests, the game will freeze at the character select screen. Anyone know the cause of this? Using one of the converted saves from this thread as well.

Edit looks like it is just challenge quests for me, Regular ones work just fine

Last edited by Zarandra,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1