MGS 5: Ground Zeroes announced for Spring 2014

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kojima's known for his obtuse, labyrinth plots, but the announcement of Metal Gear Solid 5 (or, rather, the Metal Gear Solid 5s) has taken it to a whole new level. Never before has a game tried so hard to not announce that it was, in fact, being announced.

"What's Ground Zeroes? What's The Phantom Pain? Why is Kojima bothering with this fake studio charade? Does he really think people haven't figured it out? So, wait, are the two the same game or something? What's the point?"

Well, good news, we have our answers. Well, except for that last question. Don't think we're getting an answer for that one.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, the first entry in the two-game MGS 5 saga, will hit stores next spring, publisher Konami announced today. Ground Zeroes will be a shorter stand-alone game that serves as the prologue to The Phantom Pain.

In Ground Zeroes, a rescue mission sending Naked Snake (AKA Big Boss) into a Cuban prison camp goes bad, forcing Snake to operate alone behind enemy lines. According to Konami, The Phantom Pain will pick up the story from the end of Ground Zeroes.
:arrow:The Escapist

...And so ends the fandom pain.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be $30 at retail, $30 for digital download on PS4 and Xbox One, and $20 for PS3 and 360. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will come sometime later (presumably at full price).

So yeah, that's that. Needless to say, it's an interesting, unique approach, but it's hard to argue with that price point. Unless Kojima decides to pull another fast one, I'll be looking forward to finding out how Big Boss goes from Ground Zero to amputee, bed-ridden hero.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
No doubt I am looking forward to this game but I find it weird hows it's been split into 2 separate games. I mean surely it'll all fit on one or 2 blurays, so why spit it up?
Surely there will be some kind of COMPLETE edition after launch, with both games and inevitable DLC included. This has changed my feeling of buying it day 1 and then having to wait for the real MGSV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k