MGS 5: Ground Zeroes announced for Spring 2014

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Gahars
    OP

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Kojima's known for his obtuse, labyrinth plots, but the announcement of Metal Gear Solid 5 (or, rather, the Metal Gear Solid 5s) has taken it to a whole new level. Never before has a game tried so hard to not announce that it was, in fact, being announced.

"What's Ground Zeroes? What's The Phantom Pain? Why is Kojima bothering with this fake studio charade? Does he really think people haven't figured it out? So, wait, are the two the same game or something? What's the point?"

Well, good news, we have our answers. Well, except for that last question. Don't think we're getting an answer for that one.

:arrow:The Escapist

...And so ends the fandom pain.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be $30 at retail, $30 for digital download on PS4 and Xbox One, and $20 for PS3 and 360. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will come sometime later (presumably at full price).

So yeah, that's that. Needless to say, it's an interesting, unique approach, but it's hard to argue with that price point. Unless Kojima decides to pull another fast one, I'll be looking forward to finding out how Big Boss goes from Ground Zero to amputee, bed-ridden hero.

2. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    No doubt I am looking forward to this game but I find it weird hows it's been split into 2 separate games. I mean surely it'll all fit on one or 2 blurays, so why spit it up?
    Surely there will be some kind of COMPLETE edition after launch, with both games and inevitable DLC included. This has changed my feeling of buying it day 1 and then having to wait for the real MGSV.

3. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    so its basically two games but due to content and time restriction (not to mention profit) they have split it.

4. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
  5. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    T-hug likes this.