mGBA Save file location

Thorusofer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to import my save files from No$GBA and move them over to mGBA to try and solve a problem I'm having on the original emulator. Before its asked, I have tried looking into the files and I can't find where the files would be saved to. I even did a quick save at the beginning of my Pokemon Emerald Z Rom hack to try and get the location to appear with the other mGBA files, but that didn't work at all. I need this solved as soon as possible, it is actually legitimately vital.

Edit: Yes, I know. I posted this in the wrong place but I can't move it and I can't create a new thread for twenty four hours.

Last edited by Thorusofer,
Reactions: Mama Looigi

Thorusofer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to import my save files from No$GBA and move them over to mGBA to try and solve a problem I'm having on the original emulator. Before its asked, I have tried looking into the files and I can't find where the files would be saved to. I even did a quick save at the beginning of my Pokemon Emerald Z Rom hack to try and get the location to appear with the other mGBA files, but that didn't work at all. I need this solved as soon as possible, it is actually legitimately vital.

Edit: Yes, I know. I posted this in the wrong place but I can't move it and I can't create a new thread for twenty four hours.

Edit #2:

Ok nevermind, I finally found it. The No$GBA.InI file i've been unable to find is only in later versions of No$GBA. I was using the 2.6a version and upgraded to the 2.9 version. What I did next was I opened up the ROM in the new version, saved the game and exited to get the BATTERY file to appear so I could transfer my save to the new version by copying and pasting. Then what I did was I went to the No$GBA 2.9 folder, edited the the file mentioned at the beginning of this to where just the SAV/SNA File Format == Compressed to say Raw instead of Compressed at the end. Then I opened up the game, went to my save again, saved the game, and then exited. Next I copied the new save file, went to where the file for my ROM was located, put it in a folder to keep things tidy, and then pasted the new save file into it. Next I just opened the game through the mGBA .exe and loaded up my save file. And thats all you have to do in order to have the save file be transferred from the No$GBA emulator to mGBA. Thank god I got this figured out, I have a lets plat of the Pokemon Emerald Z ROM to do. The reason why I had to do all of this is because there is something about No$GBA that causes fog to completely cover the ground and background, preventing you from being able to navigate through certain areas easily. I can happily say that mGBA has a higher quality than No$GBA can do, and that fog problem is nonexistent. I will be using this to finish my Lets Play of the game from now on, along with any other GBA games I play.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...