mGBA now allows connection to Dolphin Emulator for Game Boy Advance to GameCube connectivity

mgba dolphin.PNG

For years, progress in the emulation scene stagnated when in came to Game Boy Advance to GameCube connectivity; a feature used in some games. This is because the task is no easy one as it requires thorough understanding of the two systems. However, with its 0.9 release, popular GBA emulator mGBA emulator brings support for connecting to Dolphin as well as some fixes on Dolphin's end of the GBA <-> GCN protocol to improve stability when connecting with any supported GBA emulator (not just mGBA).

The official Dolphin Emulator YouTube channel released a new video today testing the feature on several games, concluding that connectivity is better than ever:

However, a new article on the Dolphin Emulator website notes that there are certain issues with some games like The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. These issues can be attributed to the latency with the current protocol. That said, the Dolphin Emulator team says that they have a plan to address those issues by integrating the emulators more closely and include mGBA features in the process like save states and netplay.

You can check the Dolphin Emulator article in the source link below for more details about this feature and for a compatibility list.

:arrow: SOURCE

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again there is no mgba on the ds so what would you want to connect to the wii? the 3ds? there would need some major work all right making custom connections for 3ds to wii plus emulator changes nintendont changes for very little use if at all from actual people imo.

Yes, I also mentioned in that initial post that I wasn't seeing an mGBA emulator for the DS, so it's more a hypothetical than anything.

Having said that, I think this similar idea may actually have merit considering it's both playing GBA games full speed on DS and they're also able to wirelssly link up for GBA multilayer with the DS connectivity (as seen in the 14th post in the thread): https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintend...ectivity-to-emulate-gc-gba-link-cable.570042/

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, I also mentioned in that initial post that I wasn't seeing an mGBA emulator for the DS, so it's more a hypothetical than anything.

Having said that, I think this similar idea may actually have merit considering it's both playing GBA games full speed on DS and they're also able to wirelssly link up for GBA multilayer with the DS connectivity (as seen in the 14th post in the thread): https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintend...ectivity-to-emulate-gc-gba-link-cable.570042/
gbarunner 2 is not an emulator is more like an intrepreter which runs gba games in the ds gba firmware, kinda like nintendont itself, except it was abandoned long ago gbarunner 2 cant even run most rom hacks on ds and many many games on ds do not work at all

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gbarunner 2 is not an emulator is more like an intrepreter which runs gba games in the ds gba firmware, kinda like nintendont itself, except it was abandoned long ago gbarunner 2 cant even run most rom hacks on ds and many many games on ds do not work at all
I didn't say it was an emulator. I was just saying it's a similar idea. I don't know why you feel the need to interject with shit you think I don't understand when I clearly do.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but I remember it was tricky to make it to work when I tried to trade with XD/Colosseum and RSE or Channel to get Jirachi. Kinda hard to setup but it worked.
How did you make it work? Mine keeps freezing up whenever I hit connect.

JohanVzLa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Everytime i try to connect to Dolphin it says:''Could not connect to dolphin'', i want to trade between colosseum and GBA pokemon games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: