Metroid Zero Mission Ringing Noise

DazedDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So I picked up the ez flash omega and so far I’ve had no issue. I have booted up Metroid zero mission dom from two different sources and when I save state then give it a 10sec wait I get a ringing noise when the game reloads.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Savestates in hardware is always tricky (some areas are write only, timings and other setups are not always going to play nicely), odd noises and graphical corruption being the main two things.
Usual fix outside of playing big boy hacker is see if you can force a refresh of that element (new room/area, go to menu) in addition to trying it in different areas (sometimes finding an area where there is a lack of action, or menus again).

Reactions: emcintosh

DazedDragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It’s so weird how it’s not all my games. I did think it was the rom but getting another version and it doing the same just further shows there is an issue

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would say quite the opposite. That it is individual games speaks to the quirks of individual code and less than complete/time synced restoration of things (you control everything in an emulator, less so operating within the software level of hardware*).

*debug levels of hardware access might change this, and there is that weird TV out option for the gameboy that does a kind of guided emulation, and better flash cart savestates might either hack the individual game to restore a better state, be more robust in code, or have the write only stuff also write to a readable area to in turn restore that via other means later)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958