Metroid Prime Trilogy Missing Some Effects?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Cermage, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Cermage
    OP

Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 2, 2007

source: The Examiner

silly nintendo, they should have released it on 2 discs. disc 1 with prime 1 and 2, and 3 on the 2nd disc. they could have avoided this easily.

2. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    Why the "?" on the thread-title? The effects are clearly missing...

I think it is a shame, since I love how the cannon-arm looks when charged up. Esspecially with the ice-beam, because the arm seems to freeze up completely.

3. GameDragon

GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

Dec 4, 2005
    United States
    New York
    That's pretty unfortunate. I also like the freezing effect. There's no reason to remove something like that.

4. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Since when does anyone fucking care? You're getting 3 full games for $50, with one of the games already being around $40-$50 at retail. It's not like they left out half the levels. You won't even notice when you're running through some complex blasting baddies left and right. Sheesh, people always seem to be critical of anything, even if it's a major bargain and a great deal.

5. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    Actually, the age of all of them gets their total prices to easily under $30. So the argument then goes to controls... which alienates players who can't really use a Wiimote.

It's really a novelty title.

6. Primenay13

Primenay13 GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Indiana
    I have this game and all the originals and no the effects werent taken out. only talk if you have the game. And The controls are amazing. Also, graphics are way better than the originals trust me.

7. Primenay13

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Indiana
    You have to play it. Videos dont cut it people!!!

Sorry for the double post! [​IMG]

8. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Watch the video, the most oobvious missing effect is the ripple

9. JDandy

JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    eaugh I knew the day would come when I'd double post.
    Oh woe and shame is me.

10. JDandy

JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    So on one hand there's a comparison video.... and on the other hand we have to just "just trust me i have the game and all the originals".
    Also, we're not allowed to talk unless we have the game? "Hurr durr discussion is forbidden unless you agree with me."

11. injected11

injected11 Crescent Fresh™

Jul 17, 2009
    United States
    If you already have all 3, why are you even buying it? Nintendo isn't forcing you into anything.

Are people really bitching about being given to option to cheaply get all 3 titles on 1 disc with Wii controls?

12. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    I didn't see anything because that person doesn't know how to make a comparison video, I mean fuck you don't post a bunch of footage from one version and then the other, you splice the goddamn comparisons in directly next to each other whilst indicating which version is the Wii and which is the Gamecube.

Fuck why the hell doesn't anybody on Youtube know how to make a goddamn video.

13. EnigmaXtreme

EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 1, 2009
    Tasmania, Australia
    I personally dont care the controls for Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are seamless and the gameplay is still as great as ever. Not to mention it does tie us over until we wait for Other M....well kindoff

14. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    Guild McCom isn't defending Nintendo, he's just replying that its an awesome deal to play all three of Metriod's games for 50 bucks. Look at what happen with YS I and YS II from Japan, the japanese had to buy part one and part two SEPARATELY! While Altus was kind enough to combine the two games and called it 'Legend of YS'

15. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    Were there effects like this in the original MP3? If not, that answers why these effects aren't in the trilogy.

16. Sonicandtails

Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

Apr 10, 2003
    United States
    You guys are idiots. Please do some fact checking before you call out Nintendo. It's not a space issue, it's an issue of the quirks the original game had. Because your gun never moved from its position during those special effects, they were drawn on screen as sprites. It's not rendered in a 3D environment at all. This goes for the ice over the gun, the balls of fire over the gun, and more. As for the water effects, those weren't in Metroid Prime 2 on GCN either. They were one of sole reasons MP1 ever dipped below a solid 60 FPS, this is obvious in several of the water areas. Combine widescreen plus those, you'd get it in many more places.

Nintendo had nothing to do with this. Retro Studios didn't redraw the special effects on the gun for whatever reason.

17. Primenay13

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Indiana
    You are exactly right! Thats what I said earlier and all I got was shit from everyone.

18. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    If that's the case, I don't really care because the sprites would look crappy on an HDTV anyway. Only if Retro could 3D some of the effects, seeing as the gun model changes when charged up.

EDIT: my 222nd post [​IMG]

19. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    very nice to see it still here and graphics not a very big issue on the wii

20. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    i can't tell any difference.