Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
Using USB Loader it gives me the following options:

zlan8l.jpg

EXCEPT that when I choose to load the separate game .dols instead of the Default .dol, the savedata doesn't appear in my "wii saved data" area.

To make it even worse Loading the regular dol lets me create save data but doesnt execute the games. I tried to load Metroid Prime 1 from the Trilogy IGM and it reloaded my IOS.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Not sure I understand your problem but I'll copy-paste a little txt file I created long ago to remind me how to play these games
tongue.gif

If first time playing Trilogy, launch game
with USB Loader GX making sure to turn on
"002 fix." After creating system save, reset.

From now on, if you want to play a certain
game in the trilogy you must load the boot
menu and select the appropriate DOL.

Note: make sure IOS 222 is always selected.

Maybe it'll help maybe not, not sure what you're trying to do exactly...

halofan89

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i have some really nice interesting news for all the Loading error fix's

So let me firstly tell u my story of what problem i had.

My wii is the first batch an its updated to 4.3E an its now Softmodded
smile.gif
etc.

i first bought MPT ages ago an it never worked for my wii only MP3 worked grrr, so i left it for a year.
After a year wen t past i had learnt how to do stuff like wiiflow an others (easy bits).

So this is how i fixed it.

I came to this site can read an few stuff an found ppl talking about cISO's an corp's stuff etc. so for sum reaason i clicked an thought of course. i went straight to my wii an put disc n a bing my Mp2 an 1 an 3 are now working
smile.gif

This is the reason why it fixe= I used a small program called PIMP MY WII to do a Full scan an Fix my cISO's
smile.gif

i didnt buy it nore did any dol changing.

So guys girls give it ago try PIMP MY WII
smile.gif

EDIT:
just use PIMP MY WII an reboot then put in wii drive an play like that no usb loader or wiiflow or neo gamma. Worked for me

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Install d2xv6 with base IOS56 as IOS249. Update your usb loader to the latest version, set it to use IOS249 for MPT, enable the IOS Reload block, and then just start the game's main menu.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice going. You bumped a way outdated thread to advise a program you barely know what it does to give an answer that's not exactly what was asked in the first place.

...but since you're new here, I'll take it you have the best of intentions.

Here's the thing: pimp my wii installs a bunch of cIOS on your machine (not cISO's...wich is incidentally an existing but completely different term in wii hacking). Which ones? I bet you don't even know it, and you have them on your machine.

Does it work? Yes. Probably. I dunno. I don't keep track of pimp my wii, or darkcorp, or any other "one click to do everything" solutions...because cIOS are rarely final and are still being developed. More importantly: if nintendo comes out with a new firmware version that stubs some more of their IOS, programs like pimp my wii can become auto brick-your-wii programs (Waninkoko had a program that did that at one point: it downloaded the latest version of nintendo's server and installed that on your wii. Then a firmware update came along, and that program effectively started installing stubs on user's wiis).
Going by your description, pimp my wii also overwrites all the standard IOS with custom counterparts that don't have the antipiracy check in them. Unfortunate for them, other homebrew developers develop their stuff to be used on REGULAR IOS (as in: the IOS you get with a nice, standard wii). It may be nice to know that you can play all sorts of backup discs, but be aware that the drawback is that if team twiizers releases another version of the HBC, it will flat out tell you that it won't install because you've got infected IOS on your machine.

(it's kinda like manually tweaking your car. It's all nice and fun as long as the thing drives really fast...but it will also mean your local garagist won't touch your car anymore because he doesn't want to be responsible for the consequences).

The part where your solution is most flawed is that metroid prime trilogy was only playable on disc. the OP asked for an USB solution, for which there was only a semi-one (it's even in the screenshot: you can play the individual games, not the overall thing. and only on veteran setting).

and yes: was. A couple weeks ago, team d2x properly fixed it (as the previous posters mentioned). With a new USB loader and the correct cIOS, is now playable on USB drive.

...which kinda illustrates my point about it being better to learn a few things and follow this stuff yourself rather than rely on a program that hides its own flaws.

halofan89

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i dont mind, im just happy about playing my game aslong as it loads i dont mind. i like Pimp My Wi cos it let me have my wads working. i couldnt get MMM to load any of the wads for n64 games etc. if it defaults an give problems in future no worries i got loads of cash i just get new wii or make some crappy excuse to nintendo iv already done that for a 4 friends of mine for free
biggrin.gif

Thanks tho for telling me though.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
halofan89 said:
Well i dont mind, im just happy about playing my game aslong as it loads i dont mind. i like Pimp My Wi cos it let me have my wads working. i couldnt get MMM to load any of the wads for n64 games etc. if it defaults an give problems in future no worries i got loads of cash i just get new wii or make some crappy excuse to nintendo iv already done that for a 4 friends of mine for free
biggrin.gif

Thanks tho for telling me though.

for vc wiiware better use mightly channel or sneek

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before