Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A must pirate for anyone owning the original GC game.
wink.gif

I still forget how amazing this game looked back in the day, for me it looked better than Halo on Xbox. Still shows up well today. I bet they took out the original Metroid which you could unlock in the GC version.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was drooling over this video earlier.
wub.gif

So, it will see release first in Japan? Makes sense, I guess, since they're so big on FPSes over there.
rolleyes.gif

And yeah, any of the three MP games looks leaps and bounds better -- in terms of art design -- than any of the three Halo games...in my opinion. That's not to say Halo didn't/doesn't look good. Still love seein' that assault rifle in my hands while I unload countless rounds into The Flood.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
So, it will see release first in Japan? Makes sense, I guess, since they're so big on FPSes over there.
rolleyes.gif
Seems odd yeah, none of the Prime games has sold well over there.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I`m really curious to know how and on which buttons they`re going to but the beams. The visor selection is the same as in MP3... Will they do something similar to that with the beams (minus button is not used yet, because there is no phazonbeam. So they could use that button for the beams)?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm getting so excited over this, I can't believe it's a game that I already played and finished years ago and still I can't wait to play it again with Wii controls and wide screen.
It's incredible I'm looking forward to this one more than most new soon-to-be-released games.......
How does Nintendo manage to make us buy the same games (or repackaged systems for that matter ) over and over again.......
Anyway I always wanted to replay this game from start, and this is the perfect excuse !

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already have this one on GameCube, but the controls really bothered me. Not that they were bad, but I just couldn't really get used to them.

Metroid Prime 3 has extremely good controls, so I will certainly play the games again now! I won't be buying this though, I'm not an idiot.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that we can alter the button mapping. I think firing with A is going to make my thumb very tired, plus, my index finger on the B button is faster.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime 3 had good controls and it was refreshing to see a little more depth in the Metroid universe, but it overall felt kinda short and didn't quite have the same vibe the last two games had.
Plus I think the music really dropped from the nice stuff MP1&2 had.
That underwater broken down ship stage's music was the most memrable for me in MP1.

I remember seeing an interview with the devs at one time with some talk about making an MP1&2 pack.

Kinda losses the point for me if its released as just one game. Ten bucks? Maybe I guess. Anymore? Not without some online play or something really really new.
I already own the Gamecube Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion.
Which makes me wonder if they'll just take the Fusion suit bonus out completely.

Nice that they are finally givening it the port treatment.
Not so nice that its just a small piece of a grand scheme of reselling old games for easy profit.

Well, hopefully a US release would make it sooner or later.
Odd that they are releasing it in Japan first when its best sales where in the US.
Then again the entire Play on Wii series has yet to see the US shores just yet anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: And your own @SylverReZ