Gaming Metroid Prime 3 on PAL Wii 2.2E

PlayerP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed the MP3 update on my 2.2E Wii, everything works perfectly and I still got 2.2E.

Edit: I got extra news and weather channels, but that's no big deal.

Cissou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For the one who's afraid of bricking by unplug the wii.

I had an issue with upgrading my sister's wii on 2.2E firmware.

During the upgrade i lost my internet connection, I let the wii continue upgrading while i reconnect on internet but even after an hour, no progress on the upgrading bar.

No other option than unplug the wii.....i was very stressed to doing that. But there was no problem, the wii had booted and the upgrade was done since I was in 2.2E I just redo an upgrade to finish the process.

I think that if the bar do 20% (about where was the "iatus") your wii won't brick

kygon

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried this last nite, wiikey and pal

-I did the update (hadnt done it till laste nite)
-I ran the update in the iso
-I didnt get any new 'double' channels
-everything works fine

Phonebone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried this last nite, wiikey and pal

-I did the update (hadnt done it till laste nite)
-I ran the update in the iso
-I didnt get any new 'double' channels
-everything works fine
Could you elaborate a bit?
You're saying you first updated your Wii through the Wii system menu and then completely ran the update on the MP3:C disc (no pulling the power plug on 15% completion)?

1. What firmware version did your Wii show after the system update? I'm assuming it was still 3.0E?
2. Did you use RegionFrii or anything else on the ISO before burning?
3. After performing the disc update, did you get a message with either 'update failed' or 'update complete' or did it stop halfway?
4. Were you able to play the game after doing both updates, using the regular ISO? (no brickblocking or otherwise patched)

If you didn't get the multiple channels, it would seem there's a (European) system update available that doesn't upgrade your firmware to a new version, but does update *something* (probably WiiConnect24), that's the same as what's on the MP3:C disc.

Can anyone else confirm this?

smeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i do not know if this is directly connected to this method "unplug your PAL Wii during the NTSC update" but i will write.
My Wii will not connect to my Wiimotes. This has happend once or twice before, but i just replaced the batterys or uplug the wii from the power socket and it worked normal.

I did uplug the wii during the NTSC update, but i tryed everything after that (VC games, original games, backup games, internet channel, wii shop, turning on/off the console) and even played a litte bit of MP3. And then turned off the console, and now wanted to play some more, my Wiimotes will not respond.

I tryed everything. Resyncing the wiimtoes, nothing! Cleaning every synced wiimote (by holding the red button on the Wii for about 15 seconds), nothing! Replaced Wiimtoe batterys, nothing! Upluged the Wii from power (for more than 30minutes) nothing! Turned off every wirelles thing in my house, nothing.

So, anyone can help somehow?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
a question for the americans, when you inserted metroid prime 3 did you have 2.2U firmware on the Wii? when you ran the update included with metroid prime 3 did you stay on 2.2U or did it upgrade your Wii to 3.0U?

i ask this question because i will be waiting for the PAL version and i am curious if the PAL version will contain the 3.0E update and try to install it when i insert the game disc for the first time, as i wish to stay on 2.2E, same reason as another poster i want to carry on using my freeloader and action replays.

the Freeloader never worked on my Wii in the first place...just use GCOS instead

the gcos can't compare to a action replay at all, also the action replay will not boot if you try booting it within gcos either so it's not a option, and also the most recet release of action replay is compatible with the Wii untill nintendo blocked that aswell, you have a much older version of action replay, thats why it does not boot.

Darkrocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Im gonna try to update my PAL Wii 2.2E with the MP3 update and see what happens then
unsure.gif
I hope it wont brick
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeah, they were going for that.