Metroid Prime 3 Issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Red-Blue, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Red-Blue
    OP

Red-Blue Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hey guys, lurker here. Today, I decided to play through Metroid Prime 3 again. So I booted up USB GX, loaded MP3 and I was met with "Please insert the Metroid Prime 3 Game Disc." Now I know there's a "fix", i.e. put a random disc in your Wii and it'll work. But that doesn't work. I tried Gamecube and Wii discs, but still no dice.
    Without disc, the message simply stays there obviously. With a random disc in, the message appears and the whole "use a wrist strap, hold a wiimote like this, press A, etc" screen flashes for less than a second before returning to "Please insert the Metroid Prime 3 Game Disc."

Wondering if I could get a hand here. Thanks.

[EDIT] Almost forgot, I have the latest IOS249 and Hermes v4 installed. All my other games work like a charm, and Metroid Prime 3 worked perfectly when I played it about 6months ago. I used USB GX and WiiFlow, both dead. I tried multiple IOS' but I got the same results.

2. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Set it to use Waninkoko's cIOS and install cIOS rev19. Old cIOS from him, and maybe the ones from Hermes don't have proper disc-in-drive-check handling. And most likely the crappy main.dol patch for this which GX used for a long time now was removed to get the Prince of Persia game to work.

3. Red-Blue
    OP

Red-Blue Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2009
    Netherlands
    I re-installed cIOSX Rev19 and it worked like a charm. Thanks a bundle.