Hacking Metroid Prime 3 Issue

Red-Blue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, lurker here. Today, I decided to play through Metroid Prime 3 again. So I booted up USB GX, loaded MP3 and I was met with "Please insert the Metroid Prime 3 Game Disc." Now I know there's a "fix", i.e. put a random disc in your Wii and it'll work. But that doesn't work. I tried Gamecube and Wii discs, but still no dice.
Without disc, the message simply stays there obviously. With a random disc in, the message appears and the whole "use a wrist strap, hold a wiimote like this, press A, etc" screen flashes for less than a second before returning to "Please insert the Metroid Prime 3 Game Disc."

Wondering if I could get a hand here. Thanks.

[EDIT] Almost forgot, I have the latest IOS249 and Hermes v4 installed. All my other games work like a charm, and Metroid Prime 3 worked perfectly when I played it about 6months ago. I used USB GX and WiiFlow, both dead. I tried multiple IOS' but I got the same results.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Set it to use Waninkoko's cIOS and install cIOS rev19. Old cIOS from him, and maybe the ones from Hermes don't have proper disc-in-drive-check handling. And most likely the crappy main.dol patch for this which GX used for a long time now was removed to get the Prince of Persia game to work.

Red-Blue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Set it to use Waninkoko's cIOS and install cIOS rev19. Old cIOS from him, and maybe the ones from Hermes don't have proper disc-in-drive-check handling. And most likely the crappy main.dol patch for this which GX used for a long time now was removed to get the Prince of Persia game to work.

I re-installed cIOSX Rev19 and it worked like a charm. Thanks a bundle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol